A Couple of Recent Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple of Recent Reports

I spent the better part of the last week fishing West Bay. Was hoping to find fish in preparation for the Slam tourney...let's just say we were Little Leaguers playing ball in the majors come tourney day. Didn't even weigh in.

July 2 and 3:
    Fished all over West Bay...tops and tails mostly. Caught 5 keepers on the 2nd, 3 keepers on the 3rd. A bunch of dinks in between. The highlight was a nice flounder that would have been a solid Blackjack tourney fish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8663.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	577192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8674.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	577193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8679.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	577194

July 8 (Tourney Day):
    Dumped out of the boat at our first spot at 6:30a. 15 mins later, I hooked a red that went just under 25". I really thought we were gonna be in great shape after that...but we didn't catch another fish for 2 hours. Ended the day with 2 reds (25" and 20") and 2 18" trout...lost a nice one at the net that would have given us a full stringer to at least weigh in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	577195

All in all, it was a great few days on the water and sure beats working. As usual, the guys put on a great tournament. We were beat and didn't stay at the weigh in long but saw some really nice stringers weighed in...looking forward to the next one.

-FP

Nice report - thanks FlyPelican!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great report, great looking fish. What do you mean "dumped out of the boat"?
      Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
      RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
      sigpic

Comment

Good report with pictures !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice catching. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hacksaw View Post
            Great report, great looking fish. What do you mean "dumped out of the boat"?
            We were wade fishing. So we "dumped out of the boat". I'm from south east Texas.

-FP

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
              We were wade fishing. So we "dumped out of the boat". I'm from south east Texas.

-FP
              I only asked because my first three times fishing in my Kayak, I really got "dumped" out of the boat. Hey, what can I say? I'm a slow learner.
              Last edited by hacksaw; July 11, 2017, 09:09 PM. Reason: misspelling
              Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
              RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
              sigpic

Comment

Nice catching!!
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

THanks for the report and some good fish!
                  Scott
                  "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                  X