No announcement yet.

Trout Support Lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get the bone diamond color, think I'll place an order this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Fisher View Post
      I didn't get the bone diamond color, think I'll place an order this evening.
      I haven't been fishing them all that long, but thus far I find myself using bone diamond the most and caught the most fish with it and the golden roach color. Caught a couple of small trout and 18" redfish this weekend wading the grass flats with this lure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish Cowboy View Post
        I haven't been fishing them all that long, but thus far I find myself using bone diamond the most and caught the most fish with it and the golden roach color. Caught a couple of small trout and 18" redfish this weekend wading the grass flats with this lure.
        Well I have them all now. Ready to give them a shot.

Comment

Good looking fish. I'm gonna have to order me some. Been waiting on the results, which seem proof positive, it's a good soft bait for trout.
          Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
          RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
          sigpic

Comment

Yep.. just watch that other youtube in the 'How to fish it thread'. Biggest thing is once a fish hits, reel down to take out slack, then give a full power stroke to set the hook. With non weedless baits and trebbles we got so used to that little short hookset with the wrist if that at all.. but with weedless baits, reel down and give them the real deal.. these hooks are designed to anchor into bone and cartilage and not the thin skin inside the mouth.. set that hook! Some other details in that clip..

If you are either new to walking the dog or new to walking subsurface twitchbaits like mirrodines, and rapala subwalks then sit back and learn the finer deta...
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Like your a lip ripper...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Waded some grass flat in west bay this morning, fishing the Trout Support lure. Water was pretty ugly and not much bait in the water but apparently there were still some good sized trout looming. Ended up landing two nice specks.. one 22" and other 25"...the larger is the biggest I have caught in West Bay thus far. Tried hard plastic top water initially but too much grass in the water. Switched to the trout support lure and played around with some different retrievals.. today they seemed to like the "slow jigging" retrieval. The bigger trout knocked the crap out of it towards the end of the retrieval actually when I was just straight reeling at that point and basically hooked himself.. thought it was a redfish until he partially came out of the water. I did miss a couple of bite but think it's because I was too quick to try to set the hook. I am learning with this weedless set up, as Tobin suggested in a video, that once you feel the fish on the line it's sometimes better to reel your line a couple of times so that its tight and then really set the hook like a champ. A couple of times, I didn't do this and tried to set the hook immediately after feeling the fish and ended up missing them or only on for a short time. I can honestly say I REALLY like this lure, especially since I fish a lot of grass flats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4867.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	562801Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	562802Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	562803Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4910.JPG
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	562804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4898.jpg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	562805

Comment

thanks Guys. We've gotten in some amazing testimonials lately from guys catching 5 and 6lb trout and redfish as well all over from the lower laguna to the Chandeleurs. I need to download some of them from my phone and show you guys.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

I got my Stinky Pink color the other day.. looks good. Also I bought some of those glass "Worm Jig" rattles to insert into the back of the lures, and have a few rigged up already. I have not used the rattles before and was pleasantly surprised by the quality sound they produce while in the lure. I really am looking forward to trying these with the rattles out.. hopefully this weekend!

Tobin, I was curious how often you use the glass rattles? Is this something you do for all the Trout Support lures you fish with or just situational? For example, do you use the rattles more if you are going to fish the lure like a top water (ie. walking the dog) to have some additional sound on the surface? Are there any situations you would avoid the rattles?

Comment

I case anyone is interested, here is a youtube video showing what the rattles can sound like.

Comment

I sight casted to this hoss, this morning. In about a foot and a half of water. Water is pretty clear. In the marsh. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0145.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	562832

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle pirate View Post
                          I sight casted to this hoss, this morning. In about a foot and a half of water. Water is pretty clear. In the marsh. [ATTACH=CONFIG]33723[/ATTACH]
                          That's a purdy red. I am hoping to get one this weekend!

Comment

Yes she is, CPR because she was 29 inches.

Comment

Well no redfish for me this weekend but did manage to catch a couple of specks before the cold front blew in. Actually, I was out in the kayak fishing Saturday evening when the first wall of 30+ mph wind gusts came in. Talk about a fun time trying to paddle in against that wind
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0697.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	562836

Comment

Glad you're safe cowboy!

Comment

Working...
                                X