Monday in the surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday in the surf

Me and Harvey caught 44 (not kidding-we kept count) trout in the surf this morning from 6:00 to 10:00. Waded 3 different spots as we followed them down the beach. All you had to do is look for the fish pushing the shrimp into the shallows. Harvey used his old reliable shrimp tails and I used my artificial suspending hardbait. We were catching fish on most casts, and when it slowed, we just moved north up the beach till we saw bait activity. Most were smallish, but some 10 or 15 were in the 16-19" range. We released them all.
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Nice going! Glad to see you guys reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the report. WTG!

Comment

Gotta love those little mirro-lures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to go guys. Thanks for the report

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love that Mirrolure bite! Nice work, gents.

-FP

Comment

Nice going Termo!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks guys! An untrained monkey could have caught 'em yesterday....
                I met two good fishermen yesterday and met back up with them this morning. The conditions were similar (water was clear, wind was down, etc.) but the wind had been out of the SE last nite and SW this morning-from light NE yesterday- and that changed everything as far as the bite went. Between the three of us we caught 2 trout, total! We gave up at 9:00 when storms came up bigly (HA!). Oh my Lord....I'm starting to sound like Trump, the untrained monkey!

Comment

Should have went with you this morning. I'm a good luck charm as well as great conversationalist. call me the next north breeze, brah!

Comment

Oh , it all sounds like more fake news as MSNBC would report . Only two supposed eye witnesses of dubious character saying they caught these all so many fish which they conveniently released and no pictures to prove that they both weren't still in bed comfy asleep . Ha ! I think next time I fish I will catch a new Texas record trout and release it without taking pictures .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Plugger-you already caught the record Redfish, King, Tarpon, Dolphin, Flounder, Ling and now you're gonna add the record trout!!! You are a machine! I bet you catch that record speck on your next trip. Dayum WTG!

You know you just started a record breaking fight with Termo and Harvey now!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I take offense, Henry that you think Harvey and I are of dubious character. I'll have you know that we have absolutely no character.HAR!!!!.

Comment

It'll be blowing NW tomorrow morning.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                            I take offense, Henry that you think Harvey and I are of dubious character. I'll have you know that we have absolutely no character.HAR!!!!.
                            Well , my MD called me a degenerate and I asked him if it was so obvious . He had been talking about my degenerative lower back disc . Wow , was I relieved .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'm working . It would be nice to live closer and be able to fish when you want to instead of when you can .

Comment

Working...
                              X