Friday Morning Report - West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Morning Report - West Bay

I hit the surf at sunrise Friday morning thinking conditions would be perfect. While it was fishable, it certainly wasn't flat...bait (and anglers) everywhere...but only managed a couple small trout.

After about an hour I called it quits and headed back to the house. On the way home I noticed the bay was flat so I decided to jump in the boat and run to a couple of spots in West Bay. Met 2 of my buddies out on the water and we found a nice bite. Caught 15 keeper trout (pics are the one's I caught) and lost quite a few at the net. Most were solid fish in the 18"- 21" range. Snagged the red on the way back to the boat at the end.

Tide was falling, winds were flat and the bay looked like glass. All caught while wading throwing chicken on a chain plastics on 1/4 oz jig. It was a great morning on West Bay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8943.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	577207Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	577208

-FP

Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to go nice fishing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice report, Thanks

Comment

thanks for the report!
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice!!
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for the report !
              Nice fish.
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice going!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X