No announcement yet.

$65,000 Fish, Lost Rod, Cracked Ribs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $65,000 Fish, Lost Rod, Cracked Ribs...

Watch as a pro slips and falls off of a casting platform while fighting what could be the winning fish. After cracking ribs this angler has to recover, retri...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I've had that happen, sans the cracked ribs and the $65,000.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I believe he said mother forker; just like the first words out of my mouth when i fell off my bote and in the water at the marina and hurt my ribs last April.

Comment

That was crazy ! Not only was it a great story to tell but he had it documented on film. I can see how those tower boats can be dangerous.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Tough dude
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Wow!! So that's what im doing wrong in tournaments!!!
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Ouch....so, how exactly did the redfish on that day bring him the $65,000.? Was it tagged? Did it win the day's tournament?

Great story, well told... Couldn't ask for more clarity in the film. Almost like he had a photographer along with him.

richg99

Comment

Talk about fisherman's luck! Good for him. Except for the busted rib, it turned out better than he could imagine. Thanks for sharing.
                Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
                RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richg99 View Post
                  Ouch....so, how exactly did the redfish on that day bring him the $65,000.? Was it tagged? Did it win the day's tournament?

Great story, well told... Couldn't ask for more clarity in the film. Almost like he had a photographer along with him.

richg99
                  I guess that fish finished his bag and it was enough to win the tournament... I think that one fish put him over the top and thus he won...
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I think there was a photographer with him. The cameras move from certain angles that tells me human operator. I'm sure tournament rules say they can't assist in any way.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                      I believe he said mother forker; just like the first words out of my mouth when i fell off my bote and in the water at the marina and hurt my ribs last April.
                      You're never going to keep your title typing like that.
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        You're never going to keep your title typing like that.
                        Stop encouraging him. I just got him to ease up.
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophytroutman View Post
                          Wow!! So that's what im doing wrong in tournaments!!!
                          So, what you're saying is, you don't fall and break enough ribs when you fish.
                          Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
                          RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X