Bay Harbor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Harbor Question

Coming down for a Guys fishing trip next weekend. While I love fishing with my kids I spend the entire time tying up lines, baiting hooks, removing fish, rinse, repeat.

We have a family house in Bay Harbor. I was down in late July and we would get up early, go check on the surf and if it was calm I'd fish until 9 or so. If it was rough I'd put in at the Bay Harbor launch and paddle out around the island, piers, and down some of the canals. I never go to far with the kids because I've usually got one on my kayak with me and the oldest in his own kayak but I'm not sure how far he can get out there. We usually catch fish, not many keepers but we are there for the experience, if we take one home great, if not, we had a lot of fun anyway.

To the point... I have been scanning google earth to see if there is anything I'm missing NE or SW within a reasonable kayaking distance (I have the tank Ascend FS128T, older model.) Nothing stands out to me with the exception of some marshy looking stuff about 1.5 miles SW from the launch. Also thought about flounder gigging some, haven't gone out in 15 years or so in the same area. Any ideas? Probably overthinking it, just need to do what I have been doing and maybe cover a little more ground either direction.

I haven't order the troutsupport videos yet for the crash course on what to do but I did order a couple packs of his new lures to test out.

Will send you a PM in a minute or two...

Comment

Working...
    X