Alien Crab Terrorism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Crab Terrorism

I'm watching an Alien movies marathon and eating boiled crabs. A vivid memory comes into my head as I'm watching a facehugger scene. I thought yall would appreciate it.

I was in college and dating a land-lubber long-distance who lives in New Mexico. We bonded over our love of science fiction, both total geeks. I went to visit for a couple of weeks in the summer and brought a dozen spicy boiled blue crabs to share with him and his family.

He's looking at these foreign things and shivers. "They look like facehuggers."

I assure him they're dead, don't attach themselves to your face even when alive, and eating them will not put an alien in your stomach.

He's still incredibly skittish. I have to pick the crab for him, and he'll only eat a little bit. I find this hilarious, especially because he is a big guy. Try to imagine Sandy cringing away from a boiled crab, poking it with a knife to see if it moves. My amusement was endless.

The next morning, I wake up before him and put an upside-down crab on his pillow.

Cue girlie scream.

I literally fell down laughing in the hallway.

He was a good sport, and we dated for two more years after that. Nowadays, we're Facebook friends. I just posted this video on his timeline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3DC31GtkU

I've had the crab trap out since last night. Only 2 keepers. Not doing so well lately.

As far as the poking at it and cringing, that's me with eggs.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

It's completely rational and not funny at all to be afraid of eggs. They CAN choke you, and you WILL have alien eggs in your stomach!

Comment

Oh! And yes, I've had to pay $50+ dollars for a dozen large crabs the last couple of years. I used to get them for $1.50 to $2 each. It's criminal. Places often only have "small" crabs, which should be thrown back to make "large" crabs later. Restaurants shouldn't even buy them!

Comment

Working...
        X