13 or 41 Superfund sites flooded and damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 or 41 Superfund sites flooded and damaged

People have been whistle blowing about the damaged sites for a while.
    IDE assume the pits just west of Karankawa lake would be in the 13, but I hope not.
    The pit in the San Jacinto was already on the verge of failing.
    Then Harvey hit.

This could be very bad for the bay

Yes levels of dioxins will be high. It will be months before we see the true damage.

I'd imagine the pit at San Jacinto will need to be re-evaluated and fixed asap.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to dump those horrible chemicals into a pit near a river. Cheap land back in the day and no TCEQ to watch out for contaminants and pollutants. Think how many barrels of various types of oils floated during the storm... it's going to be a big cleanup. Hopefully there will be leftover money to address these environmental issues that we will have to live with for generations to come.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

This is disturbing . I hope it gets the attention needed and not over looked.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Gonna be like this
        Attached Files

Comment

The one west of Carancahua flooded the last storm with tidal surge, I guess it's leaking from rainwater this time. Hate to hear of these messes leaking.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
          X