Kayak fishing West Bay 10/15/17 - Trout Support Lure Strikes Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak fishing West Bay 10/15/17 - Trout Support Lure Strikes Again

My dad and I went kayak fishing this morning 10/15/17 West Bay South shoreline. We were out before daybreak and it was completely still (no wind). Tides were rather high again but not nearly as high as last weekend. Water clarity looked good and decent amount of bait in the water. We ended up with 6 keeper trout.. smallest 15inches, middle sized about 20" and the largest 22". All fish were caught on the Trout Support lure...pretty much all I have been using lately because of the grass in the bay. Tried using top waters for a few casts, but would snag grass on each cast. In addition to keepers, we also caught several undersized trout. My dad had what was probably a good slot sized redfish on for a short time but it go off. I caught the largest 22" speck on the bone diamond color and my dad was using the golden roach and chicken on a chain
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	577284Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (9).jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	577285Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5223.JPG
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	577286Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5217.JPG
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	577287

Nice fish again buddy. Way to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, yeah! Nice catching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to go.
        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Excellent ! Thanks for the report .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Super cool you got your dad in on the action. Good job buddy and I'm glad you're really liking the bait.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
            X