A Late Redfish Tourney Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Late Redfish Tourney Report

Busy week of travel so I'm just getting around to filing this report from this past weekend's Redfish Showdown.

Me and a buddy (aka Team Klown) got to our first spot a little after fishing time on Saturday morning. The tide was starting to turn to falling and bait was plentiful. We caught several nice keeper trout to 20" on soft plastics of various colors but left them biting to go hunt some reds. It's REALLY hard to leave a good trout bite but we knew we needed to find a couple of rubber lips to weigh in.

We ran to another shoreline and picked up our first red pretty quick...23". We were on the board! Caught a few more undersized reds and 1 that went right at 20". We knew we weren't in the money but at least we had a stringer to weigh in.

Spent the rest of the day on a couple more shorelines and snagged another red at 22" and a nice 22" trout. The red had 3 spots so we hoped for a share of the side pot.

We called it a day around 2p I think and headed to the weigh in. With our live fish bonus, we finished with 9.06 lbs and 10th place. Calling it a day early meant we weighed in our 3-spot red first so we took 2nd in the side pot.

Total fish for the day...9 trout to 22", 3 reds, 1 flounder.

We didn't get to hang around for the festivities so I wanted to thank everyone who spent their time putting the tournament together. You guys put on the best events! Thank you!

-FP
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	577304

Nice looking spread of fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice mess of fish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did you catch them? JK! It was fun fishing the tournament and having some luck!

Comment

Working...
        X