8 mile rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 mile rd

I was hoping someone could tell me about the North end of 8 Mile Rd?

Someone came into my store yesterday, was telling me about a hole out there somewhere.
    So I went to recon it and I see rocks, clear water and no one fishing there. what's up with that?

Is it ok to fish there either from the bank or wadin?
    I did not see any no trespassin signs except to keep off the sea-grasses.

Just asking.

Yes you can wade and bank fish there. Also used as a kayak launch and a boat ramp but it's pretty beat up and old. Don't know if it's still used as a boat launch though.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Thank you for that sir, and yes it is pretty beat up from what saw in other pictures.
      Headed there this morning, before sun up, then again at high tide. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

I used to fish there a lot. There is a little spot on the right where the water starts that I always park. The small "lake" on the right side usually holds a few flounder and a red or 2. The gut that feeds it gets deep quick so watch for the drop off. There is a brick "jetty" as you wade along the right side followed by sand pockets and shell pads. The ext big ditch is the drain for Sweetwater lake. The bottom is mostly firm sand except for the lake I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Working...
        X