Binocular Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binocular Recommendations?

I am looking to invest in a quality pair of binocular for both inshore and offshore fishing, mainly to be used on the boat for spotting birds, structures, etc. From my initial research, I am seeing a lot of suggestions that image stabilized are the way to go if you plan to use them on a boat. There are some older threads on the Hull Truth that mention the Nikon StabilEyes VR - Binoculars 14 x 40 as a great option, as well as several other... but these threads are like 5 years old now. I don't even see these binoculars on the Nikon website anymore and perhaps they have been discontinued. Anyone around here have some imaged stabilized binoculars that they would recommended? Is image stabilization as important as suggested in some of the other threads I have read? Opinions? Thanks!

I like bushenell 10x42 roof prism binos and have used them for a long time but never for fishing. Used them in Afghanistan when I was deployed and hold up for the price. I used the permafocus focus free for easy use and when you wear gloves or have no time to adjust. Even when I bought myself a better pair of bushenell ultra HD 8x42, I came back to my old pair for the versatility and for quick problem free use. I use them for hunting and they aren't to big to lug around on your person. I have seen the bushenell's h20 which I heard are good for boating and seafaring, so I would look those up too. Hope this helps.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
    X