Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly fishing for Reds

Howdy,

First post but I’ve enjoyed reading here for awhile. I’m looking to take the fly rod out to test my luck for some reds this afternoon. I haven’t gone out since the summer and wanted to see if people are having luck. I’ve been told the north shoreline and Greens can be good so I’m thinking about taking the kayak over there. Anybody have any experience on the fly this time of year and can help me out?

Originally posted by SaltySkip View Post
    Howdy,

First post but I’ve enjoyed reading here for awhile. I’m looking to take the fly rod out to test my luck for some reds this afternoon. I haven’t gone out since the summer and wanted to see if people are having luck. I’ve been told the north shoreline and Greens can be good so I’m thinking about taking the kayak over there. Anybody have any experience on the fly this time of year and can help me out?
    A buddy and i made the trip from galveston down to port o connor this morning, and then fished east matagorda in the afternoon. Zero luck once that wind came up just before lunch, but took some shots at some tailers. Headed up to either pierce marsh or the north side of chistmas tomorrow for the day, had decent luck there a week ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's possible, but be careful in that yak. Wear your life jacket. Saturday should have some decent tide conditions.

Might also be worth hooking up with Capt Steve Soule to learn a little, he's a great teacher and fishes those areas that kayaks fish.
      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

All areas mentioned are good
        IDE stick to pierce marsh in a yak
        Launch at Louis in bayou vista

I would not cross the bay in a yak in winter

Comment

I don't think Steve Soule is guiding still
          Check out Erick Trout

Comment

Thanks y'all! I went out and paddled through Greens but didn't see any tailers. I worked the north shoreline the next day and had better luck! Ill take a look at those guys as well.

Comment

Working...
            X