12/30 Fishing Report - Trout Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/30 Fishing Report - Trout Support

Kayak fished the flats along the South shoreline of the West Bay Saturday morning (12/30). Pretty slow fishing overall. Was using Trout Support Lures and top waters. Ended up catching and releasing a nice slot red in the photo and 20" trout, both on trout support lures...Golden Roach color (my dad's favorite). No hits on top water. Had one other very large blow up at the trout support lure near the kayak , but could never get another bite. I was on a time constraint since we had plans to take the boys to see a movie in Galveston, so only fished from dawn until about 9:00am. Not bad for a quick outing. Also got a chance to use my "selfie stick" attachment for my kayak which I used to take this photo. Help make it easier to catch and release when my freezers are stocked, and still capture the moment. Planned on trying again this morning (12/31), but as FlyPelican noted in his report, conditions were awful...cold, windy and wet are a bad combo. Included a photo of my lure arsenal drying... thought Tobin would like the sight if he reads this report!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2142.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	577341Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2260.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	577342

Good going! That’s a pretty red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."