2018 West Bay Big Trout Tournament & Fundraiser - Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 West Bay Big Trout Tournament & Fundraiser - Results

We had a good turnout for our first event of the year. We had 80 anglers on 37 teams, which was lower than normal but also we had a front & rain that stopped a lot of the weekend warriors. The weather plagued the field for the first hour on Saturday. The T-Storms moved out shortly after fishing hours began. Unfortunately, the fog moved in causing anglers to hunker down in their spots. It was a wet day to say the least! We had 18 teams weigh-in & many more that attended the fundraiser that chose not to weigh fish.

I want to thank all of our sponsors, anglers, volunteers and our title sponsor Hookset Marine Gear. The Blockader Runners band was great as usual.

Due to the weather that turned away a lot of patrons, we will be putting the auction items on the website so maximize the donations towards Texana Children's Center for Autism. Be on the lookout for the 5 items start Monday evening that will run through Sunday.

Without further adieu the results:

Heavy Stringer:
    1. Reel Amigos - 17.58 LBS ***
    2. Velasco / Williams - 15.90 LBS ***
    3. Old School - 14.56 LBS **
    4. Tight Lines - 14.32 LBS **
    5. Who's That? - 14.18 LBS ***
    6. Stick Bait - 13.48 LBS ***
    7. Ice da Bulls - 13.28 LBS ***
    8. B & B - 12.76 LBS ***
    9. Little Hollywood - 12.26 LBS **
    10. Battistoni / Battistoni - 12.06 LBS ***
    11. Midget Hooker - 11.74 LBS ***
    12. Texas Coast Anglers - 10.18 LBS ***
    13. Hunchbacks - 10.10 LBS ***
    14. TBNF - 8.82 LBS ***
    15. Silver King Adventures - 8.56 LBS ***
    16. Hunter & Evans - 7.60 LBS ***
    17. Texas Boys Outdoors - 6.02 LBS ***
    18. Just for Fun - No Weight

(*) Denotes a live fish bonus was added, 1/2 LB bonus for each live fish weighed in up to 1.5 LBS for 3 live

Heaviest Speckled Trout:
    1. Drew Mattingly - 7.42 LBS
    2. Leo Carrasco - 6.48 LBS
    3. Dan Williamson - 6.16 LBS

Last edited by WestEndAngler; February 1, 2018, 10:42 AM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Tough Tournament. Way to go!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Impressive results in less than ideal conditions! Congrats to the winners and all who participated.

- FP

Comment

Nice going. Was good to see Sandy, Jamin, Brad, Coe and and other folks at the marina. I didn't fish but came by to give some support to the good cause of Texana.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X