468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Fellow Angler Truly In Need (Kelly Shoppe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fellow Angler Truly In Need (Kelly Shoppe)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	577367Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	577369Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	577371Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	577366Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	577368Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	577370

To All FWE:
    Friends and fellow anglers. I contacted Coe about this and he graciously offered his support almost immediately. What a generous and stand up guy. But you all already knew that. I'm coming to all of you today very humble and in the hopes that all of you will step up and help me.

Jason Shoppe has always been in my life. Jason and my middle brother have been friends for some 25+ years and being the oldest I have always looked out for him when he needed me. I don't see him as anything less than a brother. His lovely wife Kelly and he where living the good life, really starting to find that cruise control and on track for a great life. Recently adding a new child to the family, things where really looking up. That all changed in an instant during the Hurricane Harvey fiasco. While a lot of us where in our boats all over Houston helping recue families, Kelly Shoppe was doing her part. She had been preparing food and snacks for people working the storm and also for people in need. After what was a very long hard day she was on her way home to her family just delivering cookies to health care providers when a drunk driver hit Kelly head on at over 95MPH. A small woman in stature, her body was literally broken into pieces. After several hours trapped in the wreckage, she was life flighted to a emergency triage center where Jason was told that he needed to go ahead and say his goodbyes because she was not going to make it. Well Kelly is a fighter who refused to submit and tap out. She has been in what you could call recovery but she has a severed spine in several places, broken neck, nearly every bone in her body, internal injuries, head and major vascular problems... Needless to say life for them has indefinitely changed. Jason being the good husband he is has not left his wifes side for even a moment. But the cost has reached over 1.2 million in medical bills and they will keep accumulating. Channel 13 ran a story about this as the driver fled the seen without a scratch... After the story aired he turned himself in as they where closing in on him fast. he sits now awaiting a 25 year prison term as he had multiple violations. FWE crew... I need you.... More than I have ever needed anything. Truth be told.. I'm very scared for them. So I have posted the benefit facilitators information as well as the raffle tickets for the custom mustang being raffled. This is an amazing car and very much worth a ticket. The cost is 100$ per ticket and anyone who would like to donate ANYTHING at all can contact Kim Walt or Mark Rendon at the information below. If need be I will hand deliver the tickets to you in person, whatever it takes.

Thank you all in advance. Please pray for my brother and his family. God Bless All of you.

westbayassassin@gmail.com
    kimwalt@comcast.net Kim Walt- 713-248-8076

I'm in for 2 tickets. Let me know how I need to pay.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'll do a ticket Kenny for sure Bro.
      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Guys
        I'm headed to visit with Jason and his wife next week. I'm checking out 20 tickets and I will get in touch with you on them. Thanks for the help guys. I'm just trying to get this in front of as many people as possible. Kim Walt is getting permission to be on the site , she is the organizer of the event they are having and she will post up the date of the event on the forum. I'm donating as well a guide trip for 4 all inclusive with a nice lunch at floyds and a 20$ drink ticket for each of age angler if anyone wants to bid on that at the benefit. I'm running my new 2420 and giving a long full fun day. Thank you again.

Comment

I'm in for one. I'll call Kim this weekend.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

OK...I can buy some...let me know how/where to send a check
            sigpic

Comment

Just called Kim and my check is on the way. If y'all want the address, please PM me and I'll give it to you. - Sandy
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Did mine Monday. Done. Let us know how she's doing.
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Find out if they have any sort of 'Cloud' fund set up other than this that we could send people links to.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

WOW thanks guys. Kim is waiting on permission to be on the forum. But yes please send all payments directly to her. I'm checking out some tickets with Jason and will have them today if anyone wants me to bring them one this week or weekend. I was donating a trip and lunch at Floyds. Guess I should have checked if floyds is even open anymore. went by there this weekend and it looked shutdown. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Comment

Ok I am on now and hopefully I am replying to this correctly. You are welcome to paypal me for a ticket just make sure you contact me and that I have a mailing address for the ticket to be sent to. I am also including the facebook event page address.Click image for larger version

Name:	kelley flier pg 1.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	562868Click image for larger version

Name:	kelley flier pg 2.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	562869
                      If I can answer any questions please feel free to contact me by email, phone or text. And I would like to thank Mark for introducing all of you to our event. https://www.facebook.com/events/142035633104110/

Thank you all again very much and I second the last statement Mark made please pray for Jason, Kelley and the kids, The need for her to be able to walk again is huge and we cannot have enough prayers.
                      Kim Walt 713.248.8076

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        I'm in for 2 tickets. Let me know how I need to pay.
                        Coe I have your two tickets. I can drop them off whenever you like.

Comment

Coe I didn't realize Kim had gotten on here now. If you like you can just go through her on your tickets and I will sell the 15 I have to colleagues and friends. Just let me know. whatever you like. no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by westbaytroutassasin View Post
                            Coe I didn't realize Kim had gotten on here now. If you like you can just go through her on your tickets and I will sell the 15 I have to colleagues and friends. Just let me know. whatever you like. no worries.
                            Doesn't matter to me. I just need to know when & to whom I should pay... I'm assuming via paypal?
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                            X