Wading boot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading boot question

Which boots do you guys recommend? Was at academy and was wanting to get some wadeing boots. Seen a lot of people wear this brand but I’m interested in what you guys use before I buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those boots are ok for the price, wear out quickly on shell. Get the ray guards separately, I like the ones made by Crack Shot.

Comment

Wading boot question

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
      those boots are ok for the price, wear out quickly on shell. Get the ray guards separately, I like the ones made by Crack Shot.
      This is the exact type of info I was looking for!! Thanks

Comment

I've had both
        I keep the top ones in my skiff
        The full set works well but wear tall socks as they rubbed my shins raw on long days.
        Both good value

I have been wearing Simms boots for a while now.(grey saltwater ones) Same boots with waiders on and wear the socks with them the rest of the year. Good support, it's like wearing a hiking boot. But it is an investment

Comment

Exactly what Steve said. Except when I fish over shell or I am going to be in nasty mud I wear an old pair of tennis shoes instead!!

Comment

Went with these Magellan, the Everlast were uncomfortably tight even two sizes up. Going with the crack shot guards.

Comment

those little metal rings and ties will not be on those boots in 6-12 months. but you can do what i do; and treat them like a disposable bic razor and just go buy another one when you throw it away.

Comment

Originally posted by reelliferoland View Post
                Went with these Magellan, the Everlast were uncomfortably tight even two sizes up. Going with the crack shot guards.

The canvas boots aren’t bad. I like them better that the reef boots, but they’ll all have to be replaced sooner than later. Get yourself are really good pair and they’ll last for years And be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Smart man to get stingray guards , whatever the brand or configuration .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                    those little metal rings and ties will not be on those boots in 6-12 months. but you can do what i do; and treat them like a disposable bic razor and just go buy another one when you throw it away.
                    I didn’t think about that, I wonder if after they fall off you’ll be able to add more fabric and rings... I’ll see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      Smart man to get stingray guards , whatever the brand or configuration .
                      Oh yeah I have heard the horror stories!!

Comment

I have both of the first two that you have shown. I wear the full boot and ray guard version most of the time. I have just the boot with separate ray guards for guests who fish with me. I have been happy with the combo boot and guard. I would say one nice thing about just buying a set of the ray guards is that you can wear pretty much any shoe or boot you want to with them. So one option could be to get a lighter set of wading shoes/boots and then just wear the guards over them. I will admit those boots are pretty heavy/clunky.

Comment

Just like he said. Shell does a number on em pretty quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

She’ll eats them up fast! I bought a pair of the ray guard boots in November, in January the right one fell apart while I was walking on shell. Ended up with the shell tearing into the neoprene of my waders on the way back in. Called forever last, they have a 30 day warranty. I understand wear and tear, but how does something named ”forever last,” only last a little over a month. Either way, they don’t last. I tried to save some money on a pair of boots and now I have a pair of tore up Simms waders.

Comment

Go online at Simms and do the return warranty form. Pack them in a box and mail or ship the waders to Simms. They'll put on a new foot and and send them back in a few weeks.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X