Anyone catching trout in surf yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone catching trout in surf yet?

So i get off my work boat for a week and as it just so happens its spring break so we are heading to galveston for week in sea isle. Anyways just curious if anyone has had any luck fishing arties or live shrimp/fingermullet in the surf for trout? I checked weather its pretty rough all week with the exception of tuesday March 15th calling for nnw winds 10mph seas 1-1.5 7 sec sets and whensday march 16th calling for Winds Nw 5mph til 1pm and 8mph at 6pm seas 1 to less than a foot. Figured it would be goodday to try out the surf. Forgive the long post im new to forums not fishing. Just looking everyone's .02cents im sure the north end of eastbay would be decent day etc but not sure if ill be taking boat out. Thats a haul from sea isle but bay probably will be low due to wind conditions. Looking to get my feet wet just looking to see if anyone had heard anything yet and are those conditions good for fishing surf? Only bad thing is high tide peaks both days at or around 2 am and peak low tide 7ish to 8ish am and high tide peak at around 335pm on the 15th and 415pm on the 16th. I know fishing the tide movement greaters my chances of catching fish but never really fish surf so im clueless there any information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated .

All your notions are right on the money. Only things are hope for water temps to get up a bit and cleaner water to come in with the tide.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
      All your notions are right on the money. Only things are hope for water temps to get up a bit and cleaner water to come in with the tide.
      Wow! Harvey is still with us! Hey buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Harvey has finally recovered enough from the election to reinstate himself in society !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I am hopeful though it will be chilly. planning on trying at surf side somewhere on beach... May throw few lines out for Bull reds aswell. ?'s your thoughts on bait in reguards to redfish. Im thinking crab or finger mullet/pin fish if there are any to be found..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            Harvey has finally recovered enough from the election to reinstate himself in society !
            Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I'm a hard core lure angler. Not much on targeting redfish. I like the first and second guts with silver spoons, 51 mirrolures and soft swim baits. Hey Bruce and Plugger!

Comment

Normally trout fishing in the surf turns on in May.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                  I'm a hard core lure angler. Not much on targeting redfish. I like the first and second guts with silver spoons, 51 mirrolures and soft swim baits. Hey Bruce and Plugger!
                  Hey Harvey! Glad to see you back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

haven't personally gone yet this year. just surfin' the web these days...check out 61st street pier catch photo from last night. Ol' boy got him a TOAD....... every bit 9-10 lb trout im guessing.
                    if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Heeeeey there you know that May throw few lines out for Bull reds as well?'s your thoughts on bait in reguards to redfish. Im what's the best betting sitethinking crab or finger mullet/pin fish if there are any to be found..

Comment

Crab, mullet, or menhaden for bulls anytime. Also ladyfish or needle gar are also very good.
                        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Black drum have been great off of... surprisingly squid I was catching some nice drum on a nice chunk of squid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X