13 Fishing Reels - Concept Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 Fishing Reels - Concept Z

Curious if anyone out there owns or has tried any of the 13 Fishing lineup of reels. I have always been a Shimano guy myself, owning initially mainly the Calcutta 200s and more recently Curado 200. I must admit that I have been a little less impressed with more recent Calcutta 200Bs compared to ones I have owned in the past. I maintain them the same as I always did but seems like my new Calcuttas end up having more issues than ones I had in past years. So far I have liked the Curados that I own.

Anyway... I have been reading and watching a lot of video on the 13 Fishing reels.. especially this newer one called the Concept Z without traditional metal ball bearings. Anyone have experience with this brand in general? Anyone specially use the Concept Z?

Their customer service is great they’re a good company. I have 2 concept tx’s and they’re the best reels I’ve ever used. I didnt maintain them well so I sent them in to Florida and they took care of me and were fair. Everyone that i know with the z likes it a lot. Very smooth casting reel and should last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a buddy who fishes the Concept and he likes it so far. I've read several guide posts where they dislike them...a few of them were more than a little "salty" on them. I'd call that "mixed reviews".

My 2 primary reels are a Shimano Metanium and a newer Shimano Chronarch. I've had no issues with either but I do a pretty good clean after each use. If I were to try a different reel, I'd likely go with one of the Lews reels. I've heard good things about those as well.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge...my .02 cents.

-FP

Comment

Working...
      X