Searching for a skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a skiff

I want to start the search for a used skiff to get into the flats and fly fish with. Can anyone recommend good buy/sell websites or any other avenues that could be of use?

Thanks

I saw a poling skiff on Houston Craigslist.

Comment

Microskiff is a good site but you might have to travel to get it

The beavertail mosquito is a great value and you can get one new

Comment

Microskiff and 2cool are good options. I bought an East Cape Fury that was listed on both.

Comment

Were you at watermans Friday?
          I had the blue mosquito

Comment

No, unfortunately not

Comment

I've seen the Solo skiff in person and they look pretty awesome. Not sure if there are many used ones on the market though. Don't know what you budget is, but they seemed to be pretty reasonably priced even new. Good luck with your search!

Comment

Use microskiff to get a sense of what is out there....and there are a ton of options available today. I suggest keeping it simple. If you want a one man skiff check out solo skiffs, bote, etc. If you are interested in a true poling skiff, Ankona has a number of options to fit a budget and they are well built. If you are going to primarily fish around west bay, don't go any shorter than 16' if you need to cross back and forth between the north and south shorelines. You will also need to decide on how important a tunnel is to what you want to do. I have had two skiffs, one with a tunnel and one without, and I would not own a poling skiff without a tunnel and a jack plate if and when I buy another.

Comment

Soo true about the jack plate
                  I suggest actually poling both with and without if you can regarding the tunnel.
                  They sure jump skinnier but pole different .

Some would say you get a poling skiff to pole.
                  I think it depends on where you fish.
                  Most of west bay you can easily pole to deeper water.
                  Down south you might have to pole a good ways into the wind to get to where you can get up.

Comment

Working...
                  X