Realistic fishable weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic fishable weather

I cancelled any thoughts of fishing Friday or Saturday with the proposed 40 % chance of rain and 20 mph winds . Looking at saltwater recon now at the causeway and it doesn’t look that bad . Do Y’all living down there think it was a fishable day or not worth a trip to the leeward bay ?
    Thanks crew !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

It's a bunch of suck down here - wind is howling. I'm sure there are some spots you could tuck away though.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Ok , thanks for the input .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        It's a bunch of suck down here - wind is howling.
        Very accurate description. This sheet is dragging on and on.

Comment

Some intrepid soul caught fish somewhere . It will be hot enough soon enough .

Comment

there is always somewhere to fish with a powerboat... less so with a kayak (but plausible if it can be done safely).
            Just adjust where you launch and find areas that are semi protected. That said, a howling north is better for watching sports on TV and can sure put the best tourney guys in a pinch. Be safe is number one... then plan where to fish and where the route will run to use the ICW or other channels or reefs as protection.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Our event this weekend will be held regardless of any weather we may encounter.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

My cousin and I went last Friday after work. I managed a 23" trout on topwater (even in the brutal wind) and some friends in a boat next to us got a 25"ish jack.

Comment

Since weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate; might be a good time for some maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by red471 View Post
                    Since weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate; might be a good time for some maintenance.
                    That what I did last night-Serviced 6 reels and 2 of them needed the attention, I'm ready for some 78-80 degreewater temps
                    "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."
                    -John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Bayou Burner View Post
                      That what I did last night-Serviced 6 reels and 2 of them needed the attention, I'm ready for some 78-80 degreewater temps
                      Don't push it, water temperature is perfect right now

Comment

Working...
                      X