Wading rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading rod

What is the best wading rod for our area?

I'm not sure location matters much...wading is wading.

I mostly wade fish with a 6'9" rod. Medium fast I believe.

-FP

Comment

Lacuna Latice is what I like to use

Comment

I build rods and for wading I built a 6’6” light power fast action. I might go down to 6’2” on the next one but it’s all preference but light weight and sensitive are a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer a med light with a fast tip. The specs should be

6'6 to 6'9 (6'0 is ok but you're going to loose distance if you decide to throw a tail Chuck).
          med light or med with a fast taper tip.
          1/8th oz to 1/2 or 5/8th.
          Line wight rating is not something we pay attention to anymore but generally it will say 6-10lb test on the med light or 8-14lb test for the med.

I like my Lews Custom Lite .. it's a stock rock and for the money I can't find anything close to the value. 85 million modulus blank and Winn grips. https://www.amazon.com/Lews-Fishing-...ustom+lite+rod
          Sarge builds a great rod, Laguna builds a nice rod, most rod builders can build something to those specs.

Something else you want to determine Chuck is if you like Cork, Winn grips, or EVA foam. I did not like the EVA at all.. it felt very slippery when wet (and this is one area this combination does not work ;-). The Winn Grip is nice and still gives a good grip when wet, same of cork. I would go with either cork or Winn grips.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
          X