Night Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Moves

Had the urge to stab some flounders and lucky me they were just where I left them. The trout was caught during this morning's wade on egrets kicken mullet on my one that hooked up, a lot of misses. Tight lines FP420Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180717_134025.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	577444Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180717_134055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	577445

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Niiiiiiice!! Gotta get my flounder boat back in the water......it’s getting “dry-rot”!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Be good to me Lord.....for the bay is so big, and my boat is so small"

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Redneck View Post
      Niiiiiiice!! Gotta get my flounder boat back in the water......it’s getting “dry-rot”!!

Lol, you need to get that boat back on the water.

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

You're at it again ! He can't be stopped ! Nice flounder and thanks for sharing ! I can tell my knee feels better now than before the surgery . Hopefully after a couple months it will be good enough to let me go fishing . You're an inspiration .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          You're at it again ! He can't be stopped ! Nice flounder and thanks for sharing ! I can tell my knee feels better now than before the surgery . Hopefully after a couple months it will be good enough to let me go fishing . You're an inspiration .
          Thanks again Plugger. Just getting my fix because I got it bad. Also glad to hear about you knee getting better. When your at a 100%, we can go gigging. FP420

Comment

I would like that . I've never gigged . I went as a kid with my 2 brothers and their girlfriends . I just remember it being dark and creepy .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Those are some darned nice looking flatties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                Those are some darned nice looking flatties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Thanks, these two sat about 4 feet from each other. I stabbed one and put him on the stringer and the big flounder never flinched. So I just walked closer to it and gigged it too. Just lucky that night, I just happened to take my gigging stuff to just check a spot and see what's up.

Comment

Were they about 20" and 21 " ?

Comment

The trout was 19"1/2" , the smaller flounder was at 23" and change the larger one at 24"3/4".

Comment

Hey Flounderpounder......got the flounder boat out on the water......evidently the “dry-rot” was in the head gasket. Parts came in yesterday, hope to get it going this next week. Yamaha F50 four stroke, sucking water on #1 cylinder. To all you DIY’ers our there, if you’ve never used one of the new USB endoscope cameras for troubleshooting, they are awesome. Pulled the plugs and quickly confirmed my fear the #1 was getting water........light rust above the ring line. Only picked up three around San Luis, but will give update when I get her back up and running.

Comment

Hey Flounderpounder......got the flounder boat out on the water......evidently the “dry-rot” was in the head gasket. Parts came in yesterday, hope to get it going this next week. Yamaha F50 four stroke, sucking water on #1 cylinder. To all you DIY’ers our there, if you’ve never used one of the new USB endoscope cameras for troubleshooting, they are awesome. Pulled the plugs and quickly confirmed my fear the #1 was getting water........light rust above the ring line. Only picked up three around San Luis, but will give update when I get her back up and running.

Nice brother, glad you are getting her back on the water. I have used those cameras for work for that same function.I got my limit with my brother last night. It was a long hard gig but we got her done. Will post pics when I'm cleaning the fish later today.

Comment

New head gasket installed, and she’s all back together. Didn’t get to run it tonite cause the d@mn mosquitos “ran” me into the house. I’ll fire it up tomorrow evening. Flounder Beware!!.....I’m getting close!!

Comment

New head gasket installed, and she’s all back together. Didn’t get to run it tonite cause the d@mn mosquitos “ran” me into the house. I’ll fire it up tomorrow evening. Flounder Beware!!.....I’m getting close!!

Nice!! Those mosquitoes will be bad these next few days when the wind is supposed to lay down a bit and that rain didn't help any either.

Comment

Running like a top. Went out Friday night and Chocolate all the way to Halls Lake looked like the Boston Tea Party. Too much fresh water. Talked to one fellow at the dock (2004 bridge) and he said water was stained as far as he could see out in West Bay. Gonna take some time to get back to normal, especially if it rains all-day every-day!! At least the motor ran good and my flounder rig is back in service.

Comment

Working...
                              X