Shimano Reel Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimano Reel Repair

So first off, I am NOT mechanically inclined...especially when it comes to things with small parts. So when a friend dunked my fairly new Shimano Chronarch reel while wading, I knew I needed to get someone to break it down and clean it for me.

I took a chance and mailed it directly to Shimano as the wait times at places like FTU and David's in Rosenberg were longer than I wanted to be without my reel.

3.5 weeks later, got it back in the mail. They cleaned it and replaced the drive gear, pinion gear and bearings...at zero cost to me other than shipping to them. They even paid return shipping.

It's good as new!

I love good service!

- FP

I've done the same and have gotten great service from them. Reels that couldn't be repaired or been discontinued, they have replaced for the $25.00 service fee.

Comment

Good to know that's an option. Thanks

Comment

Nice. I had a reel guy, but he retired. I’ll keep this in mind for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wow ! I’m surprised they did all that at no charge . It’s not like it was a defective product .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I was shocked, Plugger!

- FP

Comment

Working...
            X