Bov Pocket in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bov Pocket in September

Hey Everyone! My buddy from El Paso is coming down in a few weeks to fish some saltwater and attempt to bring in his first salty fish. Were gonna do some Yakkin on the Bolivar Side, just wanted to get a little info on if the pocket is worth fishing mid-September or should we just try ole eastbay? any advice/older reports would be helpful to get my chum on some feech!!!
    "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

I haven't heard anything being caught by the pocket but have heard friends of mine catching bay side at rollover and the marshes by stingaree Marina last week. Hope this helps tight lines. FP420

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

He’s going to be here for a couple weeks ? You want to put your feelers out at that time . Weather conditions may be anything then . If the pocket has good water , fish it . If you catch some fish , and the conditions persist , go again . No luck or the Bay looks good , try that . See what works . Good luck .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

He'll be here for about 4 solid days . . . probably gonna touch a different place each day so he can see the scenery and have more diverse catching ... Thanks for the advice mates and ill let you know how we do ...

Comment

Originally posted by gus12343 View Post
          He'll be here for about 4 solid days . . . probably gonna touch a different place each day so he can see the scenery and have more diverse catching ... Thanks for the advice mates and ill let you know how we do ...
          That sounds like a good plan . Check in again a few days before he arrives for some possible reports .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey Yall,

Gonna do some scout fishin and trial runs this weekend for the places mentioned above. Report to follow.!!

Comment

Looking forward to that !

Comment

Weather lookin ruff for this weekend ... Thinkin bout postponen til next week ... Tomorrw night forecast will determine for sure

Comment

Also was in surf weekend before last.... The weather was a little choppy but looks good coming up when the reds run ... Also made it to some inland marshes ...saw some bait and a few blow ups around the grass and a couple of reds swimming..Not quite time of year but acceable ....le y'all know about upcoming days

Comment

I would postpone it . This tropical storm mess is making the weather tough .

Comment

Conditions should be fair this week/end. Will try to get a few bulls in the pocket and try to get out to smith point . . . let me know if youz guyz have an suggestions/advice!

Comment

Went out on Friday in east bay and ended up getting rained out before the evening. Ended up with plenty of hard heads and a few nibbles on plastics. Saturday was a little bit better, hit an outgoing tide around 3 and hooked up a few rats on some copper thumpin mullets. Thunderstorm rolled through right after and scared the power of God into us as we were escaping impeding lightning.(Always have an emergency plan and keep the PFDs on!!!This kept us safe from worsening conditions) Got decently soaked but made it back safe. Sunday was gorgeous, wish we could have been out til the end of the day but called it around 6 just to get back. No keepers on Sunday but got some good dolphin footage as we were surrounded by a school of at least 5 who were breaching completely out of the water. Twas a first for me to see fully breaching dolphins as well. Overall the weather kept most of our concentration for the weekend but at least my chum from El Paso got to experience the dynamic coastal ecosystems, pull in some different species, and get a spectacular dolphin show.

Comment

Working...
                        X