Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL

Tobin,

Well, too long to text so I thought I would post this here. This isn't going to be a story about slaying trophies with pictures of gator trout, but it is a story of how the TSL saved the day for me. A couple of weeks ago, some buddies and I were in West Galveston Bay and hammered the fish in a south shoreline cove in the morning. That afternoon we went back and the water had gotten all churned up and was full of floating grass, like upper Laguna bad. We only had an hour or two to fish so we stayed put and tried to make the best of it. I threw everything I had and the water was just unfishable and the wind had come up. I have to admit, I have tried the TSL in the past but have never really fished it that much. I decided to tie on the Golden Roach.

Man, I seriously cannot believe how weedless this thing is, and how it casts like a rifle shot directly into the wind. I know this sounds like bull$hit but it is the truth, I was astonished. It picks up zero grass, can be fished in any depth, in any wind. I immediately got a couple of strikes, and after missing two fish, remembered to reel down to them and hammer them. After that, perfect hook sets! I strung some reds for supper, and turned a miserable afternoon fighting the wind and grass into a productive, fun, learning experience. None of my friends caught anything and we were fishing side by side. In a world full of marketing and social media hype, the TSL is the real deal. Thanks, Tobin, for bringing this lure to us, and I promise you this, I will never wade without some in my box again. I am a believer, even if it took me a while to get there. I am ordering some in every color!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TSL reds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	577467

Thanks for the report !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report! I’ve been wanting to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to go. Your persistent attitude and an awesome bait did the trick. Thanks for your report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X