First Fall Sow on TSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fall Sow on TSL

As others have noted, the tides were extremely high this past weekend.. plus it was also pretty windy, and water clarify kind of sucked. But still managed to catch a few trout each morning on Trout Support Lures bone diamond, Texas roach and plumtreuse colors. Caught, photographed and released my first good sow trout of the fall on Texas roach color. She was 24.5" and weighed about 5 lbs per my Boga grip scale. A couple of weekends ago plumtreuse color was hot. I am looking forward to the next couple of months and hoping for some more big trout action to share.

I also had a chance to try out my new "jury rigged" hands free selfy stick on the kayak which worked pretty well based on how this photo turned out. I personally don't like to keep big trout, as I would prefer to let them help add to the future population. At the same time, in the past I was a bit torn with still wanting a photo... which can be difficult if you are fishing solo. I came of with this design after trying a couple others, which is basically just a removable rod holder with appropriate sized PVC, attached to a RAM mount for my phone. This allows me to relatively quickly pop the removable rod holder with selfie stick into place while I keep the trout in the net in the water next to the kayak. I can then attach my phone to the RAM grip, set the 10 second self timer, and boom.. got me a photo or two to capture the moment. The trout end up only being out of the water for a very short period of time and revive quickly. Just thought I would share in case there are other kayakers who have thought about this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	577476Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	577477

Great pic and fish. Nice going.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice fish! Looks like your setup works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done all around ! Nice fish and camera mount !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nicely done
          Thanks for considering the future of the fishery

Comment

Nice looking setup and fish. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

What a great fish!!! and good job on the engineering. Very well though out!
              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

nice trout
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Gorgeous trout! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very nice fish!!

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
                    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

I wish Kevin would have sent me this sooner.. he caught it in August in west bay. Another TSL Grasswalker victum. His personal best no less.
                      Attached Files
                      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X