Fishing reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing reports

Has my old crippled beat up self been the ONLY person here fishing in the last several weeks ?! I don’t see any fishing reports . Even bad ones are good . I’m feeling embarrassed by the lack of reports when we’ve had some new guys join the site eager to learn and read reports and there are none . Come on guys !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Lol, I have also noticed the lack of reports myself and feel a little embarrassed with the new guys. I hope I can get out there this weekend to catch flounder, it was forecasted to clear up rain wise and be sunny. Don't know about the wind though. Maybe fish protected pockets.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

I'm going to get out this Saturday afternoon (can't make the FWE Trout Tourney) and probably Sunday morning. Will post up reports...good or bad.

-FP

Comment

Everyone is very hush hush about all things fishing related these days. Most of the guys I know that are worth a darn don't tell anyone. They are on socials media for entertainment but are like mice when it comes to even a fishing report.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
          Everyone is very hush hush about all things fishing related these days. Most of the guys I know that are worth a darn don't tell anyone. They are on socials media for entertainment but are like mice when it comes to even a fishing report.
          I hear ya! I look at fishing reports as a source of entertainment. I just like to see pictures of dead fish and knowing someone got on em when I was busy working! :-) . If there happens to be a bit of information in a report that I can use, that's a bonus.

-FP

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
            I hear ya! I look at fishing reports as a source of entertainment. I just like to see pictures of dead fish and knowing someone got on em when I was busy working! :-) . If there happens to be a bit of information in a report that I can use, that's a bonus.-FP
            I have been enjoying the post on hatebook and other social media. They make me crack up. And also do a little recon if it happens to be around where I'm going to be fishing. The gigging stopped, so I pretty much stopped going since the last day of gigging last month and didn't post the fish. I gave them to my brother that night for a fish fry he had planned.
            "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Well , I think if you are involved in a site you should post a report . Don’t give away your spot if you don’t want to but weather conditions, tide , water conditions, wind speed/ direction, lures used and such . Don’t say what bay necessarily , just the relative conditions that others can learn what they should strive for to get results and share in the commaraderie .The serious , close to the vest guides and hard core experts don’t post much but chime in periodically with sage advice or comments which are always valuable and appreciated .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'm just wishing I was fishing. Haven't been able to get out hardly at all. Been taking care of my mom. But if I am able to wet a line I will surely share the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry about your mom, Tim . I know when I’m not fishing I’ve enjoyed fishing reports with pictures to live vicariously through them .

Comment

Just moved my boat from my Bayou Vista home back up to storage in Houston. Getting ready to start fishing my spots up On the North end. Made a couple of runs last week scouting and got skunked the first day but found some 2 days later. First day the winds were pumping and water dirty. Second trip totally different. C&R’d some nice Specs on a Pink Fatboy and DSL White Ice.

Ready for a little warmup before heading out again and hope to make a day or two next week after family leaves from the Holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck with those trips ! I hope you get a fishable weather window .

Comment

I fished about a month ago in Cold pass area-got the heck beat outta me getting there in 20 mph winds-caught mostly black drum, a couple of reds and 1 dink trout-been windy most of the times I been so rather fish off my deck-catching a few off deck at night but zilch last weekend. This cold front likely has killed my fishing for awhile. I have a bad hip, so I aint getting anywhere that's semi-bumpy nowadays. Plus it's deer season.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Here's a back log of fishing activity from me for the past few weekends from Galveston west end.

I already shared the first nice sow I caught about a month ago, Oct 14th on TSL lure.

Fished again the weekend of Oct 20-21st. Not much to report this weekend. Tides were high and if I recall it was windy. I did see a guy on a dock in our canal system pull out a huge big ugly (black drum) from the canal. I was actually surprised by the size for the canal. Then again I have seen huge gar in there before, so shouldn't be too surprised.

Had a nice weekend of fishing Oct 27 and 28th with pictures below. I used Trout Support Lure and broken back corkys most of the time. Ended up with 7 trout and 1 keeper red the first morning and 4 trout and 2 reds the next morning. The biggest trout was in the 23" range. I kept all the fish this weekend since my freezer stocks were low. Not bad for only fishing a few hours each morning though. The Trout Support Lure and broken back corky were both excellent that weekend.

I went down this past weekend for one night, which anyone down there knows it was awful. 20-25mph North winds and cold.. no bueno. I did manage to catch a few fish in my green lights Friday night but most of the time I spent outside was in my hot tub But I did other very important thing since I couldn't fish like go through all my lures, clean and replace hooks, ran the boat in the sling, etc. So not a complete waste.

I am hoping to have some good weekends in December!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0713.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	562931Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0764.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	562932

Comment

Nice mess of fish. Glad to hear about some catching going on. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll tell ya'll, I have hitting the seabrook flats and getting no results, probobly due to my lack of knowledge but, either way, nothing. I'll do a report after fiishing around San Leon this weekend.
                              Green grass and high tides forever
                              Mike Mathena

Comment

Working...
                              X