West bay 11-18-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West bay 11-18-2018

I went out with my brother early Sunday morning. It was a bit overcast but we were hoping the sun would warm up the day and get the bite started. The sun maybe peeked out a total of an hour the whole day and it drizzled a few times.We caught four trout between the two of us on top waters. But the bite shut of when a bunch of idiots cut our wade off and proceed to park and throw their anchor 15 ft as they set up between about 8 waders. God bless these idiots and the people that sell people boats that have no busines fishing. Sorry again no pictures as I gave the fish to my brother, I just felt I had to post this rant. I mean report. Lol

FP420
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Yeah , it happens . Won’t be the last time either . Thanks for venting , er, sharing !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Gotta love the googans....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I tend to fish Tuesday thru Thursday if I go just to avoid the googans looking to potlick anybody catching fish. But since my brother's old lady has been letting him off his leash to go fishing with me again. I gotta go when he is off and that's usually Saturday evenings or Sunday mornings and that's googan working hours in Galveston. Lol

FP420
        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

I definitely know what you mean. The best time to go is when you can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks

I often wonder do people just not know?
            Or are they intentionally being rude?

Like if you call them out are they going to learn a lesson (which I like to think), or flick you off?

I don’t yell at people but I’ll let them know it’s not cool

Comment

Look, I tried to throw the anchor 20', but it only went 15'-and I came it at full throttle, then threw a big wake to throw water into the wading folks waders so they'd leave and I could fish MY spot-after all, I freaking own the bay and ALL places I wanna fish.

Signed,

Selfish Freaking Moron (with a bote that I clog up the ramp because I pull down and take my time to load the bote after I back into the ramp, cutting off the dummies loading before backing).

It makes you want to scuttle their boat and watch them drown IMO. Had a total Dain Bread Moron actually pull right up to me and start casting. Some people's mommies should never be allowed to breed.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Spots and Dots View Post
                That sucks

I often wonder do people just not know?
                Or are they intentionally being rude?

Like if you call them out are they going to learn a lesson (which I like to think), or flick you off?

I don’t yell at people but I’ll let them know it’s not cool
                I feel some people are jerks unintentionally and can't help it. I used to fish a lot with a buddy (happyshaker)that grew up fishing all his life in sea isle and you would think he grew up with some boating or fishing etiquette but that was not the case. Every time I went out with him on his bote he would pull up next to people fishing to fish or just to chat and ask how the are biting. I would repeatedly tell him that was not cool and would try to explain what a potlicker was but no dice. He just couldn't understand that some folks find it rude. And to answer your question, I'm usually cussing my head off when these idiots are coming in or buzz my top water over their bote. Same with waders that decide to come 3ft next to you to fish or see what lure they are hitting on. I buzz that lure over their shoulder or in front as they are wading towards me. Sometimes that discourages them from coming over but sometimes that works. Some folks will say that is being rude or not being friendly but I got to the spots I'm fishing because I got there at 4:30am to make sure I'm not bothering anybody else. The bay is such a huge place for someone to come over and sit right next to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Look, I tried to throw the anchor 20', but it only went 15'-and I came it at full throttle, then threw a big wake to throw water into the wading folks waders so they'd leave and I could fish MY spot-after all, I freaking own the bay and ALL places I wanna fish.

Signed,

Selfish Freaking Moron (with a bote that I clog up the ramp because I pull down and take my time to load the bote after I back into the ramp, cutting off the dummies loading before backing).

It makes you want to scuttle their boat and watch them drown IMO. Had a total Dain Bread Moron actually pull right up to me and start casting. Some people's mommies should never be allowed to breed.
                  I know what you mean Robalo, some should be fixed at an early age to make sure they don't pass on that DNA.

Comment

Working...
                  X