Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay Coves

Good morning,

Trying to hit up some West Bay coves this weekend. Anyone want to share general area tips/tricks to fishing these coves? I haven't had much experience fishing these areas. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Depends on whether you're drifting or wading. If you're drifting, just get as far back as you can in the cove in the direction of the wind and throw out the sock. Don't blaze in there - ease in there quietly. Coves are shallow and fish are spooky this time of year. If I'm drifting I stick with soft plastics on a 1/4 oz jig head. I'm normally throwing something in plum or red shad. Wading, I start out with a big spook and give that a shot for a good while - one topwater bite is worth 5 on a soft plastic. Look for streaky water and drop offs / guts..
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I plan to drift fish. I was thinking about starting in caranchua Cove. I was going to use the trolling motor and start at the opening and work my way to the back casting a soft plastic. Should I favor once side versus the other when I enter the Cove? I was thinking about favor the rock side casting both sides rocks and middle of Cove. Then make my way in the back of the Cove casting more towards those cuts. With the outgoing tide tomorrow morning hopefully I pick up a fish or two coming out.

Comment

That's as good a plan as any. Let us know how you do!

-FP

Comment

Working...
        X