Sadie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadie

I had to let Sadie cross the rainbow bridge Saturday morning. She had developed a neurological issue that took her downhill fast. She is free of pain and for those that got to meet or hunt with her she was a wonderful dog.

I plan to spread her ashes in an area of the bay where we hunted for 6 years. During that time we had numerous limit hunts. Sadie made her final retrieve this year at 15 1/4 years old on a crippled pintail.

I had commissioned a painting of Sadie well before she passed. Les McDonald took two trips with me to our lease in Rock Island to take photographs. Les is finished with the painting and is currently framing it. I took Sadie’s collar to him yesterday for placement in the piece (shadow box).I look forward to sharing the painting with you all once I get it back.

I know many of you saw my post on Facebook. I’ve tried posting this once already but TapaTalk crashed the first time. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and words of condolences.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

So sorry, Coe. This sucks.. Sure glad shes not hurting anymore. You gave her the best life a dog could have, brother.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Coe. Dogs should live as long as humans. They become your best friend and never ask for anything in return, except a treat and a pat on the head every now and then. She's definitely in a better place.

Comment

Hate to hear it Coe. Sweet girl.
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

So sorry to hear brother. Their love is worth the pain of losing them. I'm with Jeff. I wish they lived as long as we did. Prayers for you pain. Can't wait to see the artwork. - Sandy
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
          X