Fishing Passes and Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Passes and Cuts

Question for the Board. When you are fishing a cut or a pass (navigational channel), do you expect other boats to idle past you or just run on top?

its it up to them. polite thing to do is idle by if not a shallow entrance. When fishing a channel expect boats to run by.

Comment

I personally would rather have people run past. That's less time they are in the area I'm fishing. I know when I'm fishing there, that the cut is used for travel. Just keep on going.

Comment

I'd rather they run on top than slow half way down and wake the h3ll out of me.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Unfortunately their is alot of ignorant folks out there who have no idea about common sense or boating courtesy. I'm with Ibtsoom.

Comment

I tend to think the ignorant folks out there are the ones that anchor up in a navigation gut/cut and don’t expect to get the h311 waked out of them. Sorta like a guy in a kayak using an entrance At paddling speed when he only needs 6” of water anyway.

No mercy.

Comment

I make figure 8's around them. Then pull up and ask "Ya catchin' any?" Maybe drop my anchor 15 feet away and ask "Is this a good spot?".
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I agree with JT. Certainly anyone has the right to fish wherever, but if your parked in the boat lane than you should expect people to run by you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  I'd rather they run on top than slow half way down and wake the h3ll out of me.
                  Bingo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                  X