Green’s Cut / ICW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green’s Cut / ICW

Hi all, just a quick thank you. So much great information in this forum for boaters new to West Bay. Much appreciated.

I did have a question about Green’s Cut. I’m in a 21 foot Cobia bay boat with a listed draft of 13 inches — not quite sure what the actual draft is. I’ve had it in about 2 feet of water but it feels a little close.

As far as Green’s Cut, is there a recommended way to run it?

I looked on the chart and it seems like there is a specific line to run on the SW side but I’ve seen a lot of boats go more to the NE side.

When I run cuts, I prefer to go slowly than plane because I figure I won’t get stuck as bad or do as much damage.

Thanks again.

If you’re talking about the cut from the bay heading into the intracoastal, there’s a pipe right in the middle that you can run past. Plenty of water right in the middle. If you’re talking about entering greens lake from the intracoastal, definitely stay on the southwest or left side of the entrance as it’s really shallow over on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thank you! Yes, I mean running Green’s Cut into West Bay, not Green’s Lake. Good to know I should just run the center by the pipe. That’s the one with the red flag on it?

Comment

Originally posted by ForbinC View Post
        That’s the one with the red flag on it?
        Yep, that's the one. Mark it on your way by. Easy breezy on either side of that pole.

Comment

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a pole on the bay side that has an orange reflector on it. Line up on it and you should be good.

Comment

Hi all, thank you again for the help with this. I took your suggestion and marked it on my GPS a few years ago. Was out yesterday and didn't see the pole — has it disappeared? — but had the GPS so all was good.

Any idea where the best place to cross into West Bay from the ICW below Carancahua Reef is? Thank you!

Comment

Hi all, thank you again for the help with this. I took your suggestion and marked it on my GPS a few years ago. Was out yesterday and didn't see the pole — has it disappeared? — but had the GPS so all was good.

Any idea where the best place to cross into West Bay from the ICW below Carancahua Reef is? Thank you!

Easiest spot down that way is the Harborwalk channel. It's marked fairly well with pipes across from Harborwalk. East of that is Pats pass down closer to north deer.. it's a little trickier if you're not used to the area.

Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thank you! Any recommendations for where to cross from ICW into West Bay south of Carancahua to get into lower West Bay? I've read there is a spot directly across from Sea Isle? I went down that way today and saw four poles sticking out of the water (photo below). Do I go in between them to get in? Thanks again

Comment

Thank you! Any recommendations for where to cross from ICW into West Bay south of Carancahua to get into lower West Bay? I've read there is a spot directly across from Sea Isle? I went down that way today and saw four poles sticking out of the water (photo below). Do I go in between them to get in? Thanks again

There should be signs down there unless they blew away. But yes if I remember right that's the channel. Just ease through there and mark your track.

Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X