public boat ramp on west side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public boat ramp on west side?

So we rented house at jamaica beach two weeks ago where i launched and left my trailor and truck with no problem.So i went back there for the day last sunday and did the same but was not stayin there and got a ticket this time.Neither time did i have a pass given to me. I didnt see any signs either-but could be just not expecting it. Ticket is 206.00. Can i argue this in court successfully or bite the bullit and where can i launch next time.

I imagine there is a sign that indicates that the ramp is for use by owners and guests. If so, you took a chance and lost. Pay the ticket. If not, fight it. The only public launch I know of is at the Brazoria County Park on the other side of the SLP bridge. it will cost you $4 to go there ($2 each way) unless you come from the Surfside/Freeport direction.

Comment

I think your right..lesson learned the hard way .Thanks

Comment

I think they started this permit requirement at the first of the year. Even if you are a property owner the sticker is required ($25 fee) I was told by a fellow fisherman when pulling my boat out for some repairs. that they would ticket you if you do not have the sticker.
        You can launch at Watermans for $10 each launch.

Comment

Yep. Even guests have to buy a permit-the trick is the JB City Hall closes at noon on Friday, so chances are you couldn't buy a permit if you wanted to. I wrote several emails to the City Council and said put a lock and chain up and let homeowners buy a key for $25 and if lost charge $50 or something for a replacement key-that way, the JBPD isn't wasting manpower and resources detering REAL crime/theft by sitting at the boat launch writing revenue generating only tickets and that you are punishing residents and their guests, especially with the freaking terrible city hall hours of operation, so if I had a buddy coming down and we wanted to use his boat, I'd have to plan wayyy ahead to make sure he had a 'permit'. Also, what about emergencies, such as storm tides or hurricanes when I need to pull my boat out of the lift-will the JBPD be there 'waiting for me like a bunch of thieves' so they can write tickets. I also pointed out to them that whomever wrote the original ordinance was an idiot because it was ambiguous as written.

Well they re-wrote the Ordinance. Now it's $15 for residents and must fill out form and PROVE residency-see website. You still have to apply way in advance for a "Guest Permit" and it's good for $10/day and must be picked up during normal office hours (but website says City Hall open by appointment only-from the website:

City Hall Offices Closed To The Public Effective 6/25/20:

The City's top priority is the health, safety and welfare of our community, its residents, visitors, and employees. The city is also committed to providing all essential services. Therefore, we encourage any city business that can be handled online or by phone to be done in that matter. If you believe your request cannot be handled over the phone, please contact City Hall at (409) 737-1142 to schedule an appointment. Face mask will be required. Everyone must cover their nose and mouth before entering City Hall. Thank you for your cooperation. (Public Notice)

But website shows office hours as:

Office Hours:
          8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (M-TH)
          8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (F)

My take is : VOTE THEM ALL OUT, ESPECIALLY THE MAYOR.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

You and I are aligned on the lock and chain solution, Robalo. Never understood why that wasn't seriously considered as it works perfectly for Sea Isle.

I can't vote down there as it's not my primary residence so out of curiosity, who do you support for Mayor in this election?

-FP

Comment

Working...
            X