Duck Hunter's Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck Hunter's Clock

Here the picture I'm thinking of using. It would be the part of the picture inside the circle.

For the 12, 3, 6 and 9 I'm thinking of cutting off the end of spent shotshells and attaching them to the wood. The others numbers would but gold studs. The hands would be just standard gold or black, nothing real fancy. What do y'all think?

BTW do any of you duck hunters have any spent shotshells? I've looked around and I don't have any.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bountyhunter; February 22, 2010, 08:32 PM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

I have plenty of spent shells and if you need some I can go blast some rounds and give some to you.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Looks pretty good to me! How about using 12 ga for 12, 3, 6 & 9 and using .410 for the rest of the other eight numbers? Might work and be less expensive than using gold studs.

If you would consider a "gray" stud, I might be able to help.
      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Originally posted by RonE View Post
        If you would consider a "gray" stud, I might be able to help.
        I got the gray stud covered as well.......

The gold studs are really gold upholstery ticks so they are really cheap. The 410 shells are a good idea though, do you know anyone that might have any spent ones?

Coe, I'll get with you on the shell, 10 or 12 should do me.

BTW what I plan on doing with this clock is putting it up for auction with the proceeds going to help keep FWE running. When it's finished I'll let you know and we can get it setup.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I got a 410 & 12 GA which should work fine... What color shells?

Comment

Great idea Derek
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              I got a 410 & 12 GA which should work fine... What color shells?
              It doesn't matter, I'm just going cut off the brass casing ends and use them. It should looks something like this.
              Attached Files

Comment

bountyhunter...

I like the idea of using the brass from spent shotgun hulls for the clock(i kinda figured you would use them for that).

Here's an idea for the other numbers on the clock(keeping up with the duck hunting theme)...how about bands? Yes...bands. You can buy a truckload of fake duck/goose bands on eBay for cheap, and i think it would look pretty cool on there...just an idea, do with it what you will.

Another idea...i'm a Cowan nut. I believe that he is one of the best(if not the best ever to come along to paint hunting/fishing scenes), and i was wondering if there was anyway to get a really cheap print off of one of his painting on there. I'm not talking about dropping a few hundred bucks to cut it up and use it as the center piece of the clock...but i didn't know if you could somehow get a copied print of one of his duck hunting works or not for a clock. Just a thought i had.

Anyways...how about a timber hunting scene in the clock? It's my favorite way of hunting birds, and if i could only duck hunt one way for the rest of my life it would be standing in knee deep or less water, in the trees, watching mallard ducks drop vertical through the timber looking for that call.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

If we can get a print, I can scan it and make a copy for the center of the clock. Bands are also a good idea that I'll check into.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                    Another idea...i'm a Cowan nut.
                    Here you go..........get to bidding...

Comment

Hmmm...i just may buy that one.

I'm saving up the funds so that one day i can buy his (in my mind) best hunting print...Glory Hole(get your mind out of the gutter). I saw one on eBay that went for $2,000 last summer...cheapest i've ever seen one go for.

Here's the print...Glory Hole...for all those that have never seen it.

P.S. Anybody know what that sign says?
                      Attached Files
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Its a Cowan print and it says something like seat is for Canines only!

I was outbid during a DU Auction I think it went for $2500
                        Last edited by WestEndAngler; February 23, 2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Nice clock Derek, I might want to buy something like that... with divers of course

GHS, I fixed the print for you. Now it is the best one

Comment

Damn MJ...i'm disappointed in you. I would of thought you would of had at least a few hollywoods and mergansers in your picture.

Coe...the sign says, "If you can't lick your balls, don't sit here".

Comment

I wasn't going to use the exact quote but there you have it

Comment

Working...
                              X