Remember the Alamo!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Alamo!!!!!!

174 years ago today the siege on the Alamo began. Let us remember the brave men that stood together and gave their lives for their beliefs.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

great post,derek.i don't take for granted one second of my freedom as an american,and i am reminded every day of that.my twin boys watch PBS in the morning,and between programs they show the statue of Stephen F. A ustin,the one down off hwy.288.so,every morning i think about what those guys went through at the alamo to defend our freedom.i will always Remember The Alamo!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

no doubt....If it wasn't for Sam Houston one side of my family would have died of fighting at the Alamo.That family member is the person who coined the pharase Remember Goliad and Remember the Alamo.....no joke
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Salute...!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great post...never forget.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great post.Remember Texas Independence Day on March 2nd
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

And now begins the 13 days.
                  From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Good movie to coach. "13 Days to Glory" It was on 2 weeks ago.
                    NoBama

Comment

Never saw that. I just know the siege lasted 13 days. Brave men indeed. I don't think there are many of us who can honestly say, if we were put in their situation, that we wouldn't have cut and run. I know we'd all like to say we could be that brave.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Let me throw this in there. I remember this being on a Johnny Cash album of my dad's many years ago. I don't have this song on any of my Johnny Cash CDs but I did find this on YouTube and it worth the watch.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Maybe we should stop the Federals and secede again!!! Yankee bastages and a nincompoop for prez.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good to remember! True Texas grit!

Jigr

Comment

Here are Somethings you may not know about those who died at the Alamo like Crockett, Travis, and Bowie.
                              It was the height of Romanticism in Europe and the US. Part of the romantic ideal was good vs. evil, fighting the good fight, dying for the cause.
                              They were following that ideal much like Lord Byron the English poet had ten years earlier when he joined the Carbonarri in Itay's revolution, and then fought with the Greeks against the Ottoman' Turks where he died of a fever.
                              They were brave men following a code of honor.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X