GI surplus in Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI surplus in Galveston

I have been told of a big surplus in the strand out of Galveston. Looking for large tents.
    Thanks,
    Capt. Mike O'Dell

Colonel Bubbie's
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

thats a pretty cool store. i didnt know they were open because last time i was on the strand, i didnt see them.

Comment

Bubbie's is a neat place but it ain't cheap.
        Also a lot of the stuff in there is recent Chinese reproduction crap.
        Shop carefully if you're after real military surplus.
        The door to the place is on the side street. Not on Strand Street.
        West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

They are way over priced! You can get the same stuff much cheaper on the web.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I remember as a kid buying dummy grenads in there and the sign aboe it saying, please do not take this on airplanes.

My kid brother got in trouble for taking one to school, but nothing to the effect that kids would get now.
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I loved that store as a kid. My dad has pics of me as a kid running around with a navy AA gunners helmet on, with a big German army coat, and a Swedish bayonet. I still have all those things, the bayonet is one bad knife, 14" and sharp as hell. He always let me buy something when we went in there. I used an old army mail bag as a blind bag for 10 years, until someone else thought they needed it more than I did along with a 12ga.
              Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

I knew Bubbie (Myer) he was Vic's son, and Vic had a pawn shop here in Galveston since the 30's. Vic was a piece of work....
                Bubbie got in trouble early in his business life for selling tracer rounds to a guy that started a fire in California and he later lost his FFAL for selling illegal automatic weapons. What a character. He was a partner of my good friend Kenny Young who owned Kenlee's.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I have went there a lot of year's ,yes they are over priced but i like the store,Last trip in i picked up some flags!
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

ebay has lots of GP MED Military tents. Some fair some good. How big you looking for? GP MEDIUM is 16X32 I think

Comment

Thanks for the info, a friend from Corpus told me about it. I am looking for tent to sleep 10 people for hunts.
                      I friend gave me a cotton module tent that is 8x8x32 and am going to make a baker tent out of for now. Found some surplus tent on internet, but don't know about them, most were in Oregon to Alaska and freight to get them here is pricey. Probably would use but 2-4 times a year so I will keep looking.
                      Thanks for the info.
                      Capt. Mike O'Dell

Comment

I got a authentic CCCP hockey jersey from there.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                        X