Anegada Pics of the Day - Fishing the Reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anegada Pics of the Day - Fishing the Reef

It is absolutely beautiful down here today. The seas are settled, the sky is blue with few clouds, and the water is crystal clear.

I took my yak out on the reef for a while this morning. The bite was good and it just felt good sitting out there taking it all in. I used a TFO TiCr2 spinning rod with the good old Stradic, throwing Berkley SaltWater Power Bait 3" Swimmin' Pogies.

A few pics....

A coney, also called a butterfish - a member of the grouper family.

Another coney.

A blue runner (jack family - good fighter)

A yellowtail snapper

Another blue runner

Coming home from the reef (a 5 minute paddle)

Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
    and
    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Walker do you eat any of those fish?That coney got a set of teeth on her!The water colorjust blows me away.Can you tell us what causes the water color to be so blue green.BTW do you the folks that live around you play Tenajo music till 3AM....lol
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Again walker awesome pics!!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks for the great pics Walker!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Love it, thanks for the fish education, that yellowtail snapper looks tasty

Comment

Great looking area and nice fish photos......But wowww.....those are some ugly feet.....lol.

Comment

Im always so jealous!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Great pic's, just look at that water.
                  A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                    Walker do you eat any of those fish?That coney got a set of teeth on her!The water colorjust blows me away.Can you tell us what causes the water color to be so blue green.BTW do you the folks that live around you play Tenajo music till 3AM....lol
                    What kind of music???.....
                    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

I came home very mentally tired today and saw your pic, man they sure brightened my day, but man I'm also very jealous! You are going to wake up to that beauty in the morning and I'm going to be going back to work to have my brian suck out again tomorrow. Keep them coming, someone has to keep our dreams of paradise alive.......
                      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nope - I woke up in Houston this morning. Won't be back to Anegada until April 26. Yes, I am depressed.
                        Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                        and
                        Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Great pics, pretty fish, ugly feet . Boy that paddle of 5 minutes must really work on you, huh? Whatta life!!! just keep em coming, sure is beautiful water down there, for sure.

Comment

Welcome back to Texas Walker. I know it's comparatively depressing, but at least you've got something to look forward to. Thanks for the pics!
                            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Damn Walker, It has to be absolutely depressing when you have to come back to Houston for WORK! Great pictures
                              Why put off doing something today, when you can do it again tomorrow. LIKE FISHING!!

Comment

Working...
                              X