New Galveston Golf Cart Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Galveston Golf Cart Regs

I read in the Galveston Daily News that the regulations concerning required equipment on golf carts is much more strict on the east side of town. What is the dividing line for "east" versus "west" for the new regs?
    Mack (aka MackFisherman2)
    Houston & Pirates Cove in Galveston
    mackfisherman2@hotmail.com

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except bears, bears will kill you.

When did you see this? I did a search on GDN but didn't see the article.

Dividing line I would imagine would be: 101st ST (End of Seawall)

And your only allowed to take golf cart 1 mile from house to go to the beach etc. I wish they'd make the driver show Drivers License. Its a mad house on any weekend and its just a matter of time before some 10 year old runs a stop sign and gets killed!

I've almost his 3 backing out. I yell at them all the time. I was never able to drive one without ADULT supervision! Where are the parents?!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Found it: http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?wcd=153082

Comment

Looks like line is 103rd ST which is end of seawall basically...

I think they are allowing golf carts to pull kayak trailer etc. Anything East of 103rd and you have to have seat belts on, permit for road use and all safety features...

I think this would apply to the Mules and those carts that go over 30 MPH

West End still allows you to move golf carts around I just hope they start policing this and enforcing these fines... $50 is not enough punishment for an underage driver. Especially since parents are letting them.

I plan on taking photos this summer and sending them in and do a little article on what I find out.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for info.

Comment

Sorry, but I hate those darn carts-kids driving em, they go 10 mph and don't pull over so you can pass-and how come almost every one I see (except when a 10 year old is driving it) has open beers, but I can't have an open beer in my car/truck? Since no horn is required on west end carts, I guess I'll use the he!! outta mine!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Coe: No towing of trailers is allowed by a cart. I guess ya could strap it to the top. BTW, we had two blocking my parents house when we went to get their car-one POS moved, the other which had 2 14 y.o. at the most, just stood their like donkeys, outta the cart and in the middle of the street-freaking morons-we honked at em-had we run over their heads, no damage could have occurred since they obviously were already braindead or brainless.
              Last edited by Robalo; March 15, 2010, 01:44 PM.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Robalo, I'm with you...

I honk & yell at parents letting kids drive all the time. Its going to take 1 death to make it sink in with everyone. Se la vie....

Comment

I guess my Honda 4 wheeler is illegal? Coe: Do you or does anyone else know? Can I put it in the truckbed and haul to the beach and run on beach (like in front of Pointe West where closed to traffic or in front of Pirates or Sea Isle) or only at SLP or across Troll Bridge at surfside?

Comment

I wonder if JT has got a breathalyzer lock on his yet?

Comment

Stirred Up

Doesn't take much to get this group stirred up!

Comment

I have a cart and love using it to head to the beach and check the mail. I agree the underage drivers should not be allowed. When a car comes behind me, I pull over to let them by.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

By the way, check mine out! Like the flames
                          Attached Files
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice Mike. How about an answer as to my 4 wheeler? Can I run it on what is "closed" since change in law? My guess is no, but thought someone here may know the answer.

Comment

In Jamaica Beach we have had our rules established since '06. I wish the rules let me pull a trailer with mine but for now I put the boat on the roof.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X