Blasted into Spring!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasted into Spring!!

This past week was a classic example of how spring treats some anglers extremely well and others, horribly. I didn't get much time on the water, but did hear and read lots of very good and very bad fishing reports. I think some of my favorites came from one of my tournaments partners, Daniel "DPop" Popovich. He managed 3 days on West Bay last week, all of which would make any angler proud. The worst weather seemed to yield the best results, which is great for tournament anglers! I say that since we almost always geet blessed with wind or inclement weather on tournament day.

On the flip side, fish are moving, and their routines are changing. Though they tend to spend more time moving shallow, they will gladly try and deceive you with other moves that don't seem to make any sense at all. Some days deep other days shallow. One day it may be all out topwater destruction, while the next may be one that can barely allow anglers to even locate the fish, dredging plastics. The fun of it all....is the opportunity to catch that one single fish... that each and every one of us strives to catch....the trout of a lifetime!!

Next weekend, Saturday the 27th of March, will most assuredly bring a changing weather pattern, possible strong winds or inclement weather. What it will bring for sure...some of the very best trout anglers in Galveston, pitting their skills against great friends and great anglers, to see who can pull together a plan that produces the largest 3 trout stringer in the Specktacular Galveston Trout Serries.

I've said it before and will say it again, I have in the past and will continue to at each event, learn more on these days of tournament fishing about how and when to be successful in trophy trout fishing. If you haven't ever been involved, or haven't been around lately, this is a very fun and friendly tournament series. Registration will be at Floyd's Cajun in Webster, on Wednesday March 24, and the weigh in at Bacliff Park from 3-4 pm. If you can't fish the tournament, don't worry, there is still a ton to be learned, and an outstanding group of anglers to meet. Stop by and check out the what some of the top anglers in the State of Texas can produce.

Good luck and great fishing!
    http://www.theshallowist.com
Working...
X