What 2 days of 30 plus NW winds do to West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 2 days of 30 plus NW winds do to West Bay

I see several post about how low the tide is, here are some pictures. Picture 1 is from this morning, 2 and 3 are from last night. Wow is all I can say. I am planning on walking out there is a few minutes to check it out.
    Attached Files
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Mike....You could walk to Confederate today....lol
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I just czeched some of the surf cams, and it is as low as I ever seen them.

Comment

Tides

The tide level at Tiki this morning according to my unscientific calculations are in the range of 3.5 - 4.0 ft below normal. This ranks at the top of the lowest tides we have had in the last 15-20 years.

You can walk across Jones Lake as the the East end of the Lake is completely dry. Fat Boys ramp is dry and the bottom of the Western two thirds of Jones is mostly visible.

If I learned one thing this morning by looking at this is that ya'll crab trap cleanup guy's did a terrible job in Jones! LOL

Gater

Comment

Goodnight, that is low.

If you could get it in the water...it'd be a hell of a day to scout around the bay.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I was going to fish yesterday morning and could not get the boat in the water.

Comment

Gater, I think you calculates are accurate, because I just walked almost to the last channel marker in Terramar, which I know is usually 4-5 ft. Found two chairs, trash can, 3 old duck blinds and several other unknown items.

Chip, you are right, I could walk into confederates today, good idea
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I can not get my boat in the water from the lift, I just jumped down in there to pick up lots of trash. I picked up a paint can that has been in there for ever and a strange looking fish was in there, looked to be some kind of mud fish, not sure, but I did not plan on eating it
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

WOW Mike those are amazing pictures....not sure if I've ever seen the tide that low.

Comment

By the way, the wind is still blowing out of the north. Not as hard, but still coming. Wonder if it will drop even more????? I will keep an eye on it and take more pictures if it does.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I'm sure glad I left Blockade Runners with FlatoutFishin' on Saturday instead of staying there until Sunday afternoon like I had planned. I'd be stranded. Sure wish I could get down there and take pics of SLP and the surrounding areas.
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

More photos!! Post more pictures
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

thats pretty dang low man.

Comment

Yep, Sandy I was wondering if yall got in ok with all that wind & the low tides & all. Smart move by coming in early You would have never made it close to the "channel". Good pics, by the way, Gater.

Comment

OOPS, sorry, pics by Explorer.

Comment

Working...
                              X