I need some dirt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some dirt.

Was wondering if anyone had a pile of good dirt I could use in my garden.
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Every few years I go down to the landscape shop and buy really good dirt with composted materials in it for about $28 a yard. Have them dump it in the back of a pickup. It makes great flower bed soil and if you put it on your yard you can get away with not fertilizing for almost two years.

Comment

A 4 by 8 foot raised garden built of 2 by 12 boards is about a cubic yard of the landscape mix, maybe a little more, if that helps.

Comment

Go get a yard of Rose mix soil ... it will server your needs the best

If you have no access to a truck, and dont want to pay the delievery fee ....

Go get composted soil blend from Garden center .... you will need to make more runs up there than you think ....

Look in the paper for a coupon ... the more you buy the more discount you get
        Dont buy from there unless you have the coupon or you are buying under $40 worth

Most free dirt in the city will not be what you need as it has to much clay ....

To mend you own soil, use Gypsym, a soil activator by Medina and a compsted mix ...... till it good and let it sit for a month ......
        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Swells View Post
          A 4 by 8 foot raised garden built of 2 by 12 boards is about a cubic yard of the landscape mix, maybe a little more, if that helps.

That helps alot Swells. We were trying to look it up earlier. Thing is that is almost spot on except its 1x6's around the base. Thanks for the help!
          Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

A certain local garden radio star only recommends rose dirt for every garden. And a raised garden. Not having a lot of luck on the weed and feed regiment recommended, but live and learn. Used to have a real mulch pile at my last place, but not here. That's the best way to make a good mix for the garden. Oh well..... also helps to have chickens, horses, livestock to really make it a good mix.

May have to invest in one of those compost barrels.....miss the good dirt.

sb:>

Comment

Working...
            X