strange sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange sightings

what is the weirdest thing you have seen on the water? Several yrs back I was in chocolate drifting at the end of long reef in front of new bayou when a manatee surfaced right beside my boat! I almost fell off the bow of my boat. (I'm not joking!)
    I heard about a week later there was a sighting at cold pass! To this day I don't know what happened to that manatee or where she came from. (if she came from Florida, that's a helluva trip...)

I saw Moonpie catch a keeper flounder
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I've been kayaking and had a gar jump out of the water after some bait fish and slap the water... My buddy was a lot closer and never been fishing like that before he FREAKED! we were in Lake Como. He hasn't been back to Texas since
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Chip and Albert saw something during the FWE tourney that flew by them at about 35MPH.

Comment

I caught a lizard fish in moses lake.

Comment

I saw two whales this year while swordfishing in the boomvang area. Only saw them a few times but heard them for about an hour.

Went fishing a few days after IKE and we passed up a whole roof floating in the GOM.

Comment

#1. I saw this young, hot girl at the jetties change clothes while 1 person held up a towel trying to block my view-ha, I moved the boat and they didn't fool me. Man she was HOT!!

#2. I seen JT sober.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Chip and Albert saw something during the FWE tourney that flew by them at about 35MPH.
                I saw Jeremy's *** hanging out of the boat while we were trying to fish. I blew chunks for 3 straight days! No wonder we didn't catch any big fish that day!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  I saw Jeremy's *** hanging out of the boat while we were trying to fish. I blew chunks for 3 straight days! No wonder we didn't catch any big fish that day!

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                    FP10 during our Big Trout Tournament mooning the competition.

I think it found its way to YouTube

Comment

Sightings

My uncle owned a convience store & bait shop in High Island. My cousin Ernie & I would spend summers fishing almost every day on the beach with our Penn 309's, Shakespear rods, Daisy BB guns slung around our necks with a fishing cord as a sling, terrorizing the beach miles at a time on our Schwinn bicycles. Back in 1962-63 (I was 12 years old) we were miles east on Hwy. 87 fishing, picking up sand dollars that my uncle sold in his store to offset the expense of bait and bb's that he provided for us. We were masters of that stretch, little manniacs on our own private beach. We were up and down the beach sending some sand crabs to heaven with our bb guns when I spotted this red sports car way down the beach. Hot dang, down the wet sand we went with all our fishing equipment tied on the bikes, bb guns swinging around our necks, chattering to each other like a couple of hungry gulls fighting over french frys. As we approached the car we guessed it was a Chevy Corvette, we'd only ever seen one in a magazine. But there was no one in sight, how odd, might be this car was left here for us,????......... then all of a sudden this young tanned goddess sits up from behind a small depression in the sand, then stood up, totally nude. Slowly walks over to her car cool as a cat and slips on her orange terrie cloth shorts and pulls on a white UT sweat shirt, then says without missing a beat "hey guys how yall doing, care for a beer?" My heart was beating so I could barely breath, what I had just whitnessed was absolutely stunning!!! Ernie was 1 year older than I was, but I was bigger. I was raised strict Baptist, Ernie was sorta Methodist, but bless him, while I was still gasping for breath, he blerted out "yes mam, we sure would." She reach in the car and came out with 3 cold beers, after about an hour of conversation we found out that her name was Diane, single, a school teacher in Beaumont, had went to school at UT in Austin, and was on the beach reading, sunbathing, and relaxing. Ernie begged her to stop by his dad's store the next time she came down, she said she would. In the sunset of that afternoon struggling to ride our bikes against the wind back to High Island we didn't say a word, as our minds were busy with fantacies and the dream of being on the beach again tomorrow.
                      Bird Dog: Proud member of
                      the Fish Patrol

Comment

Fish Patrol.... sounds like a mermaid

Comment

Awesome story Fish Patrol.

Hmmm...

1) Wading a back bay, water was ultra clear, i look to my side, and not 2 feet from me was about a 6 foot aligator gar sitting there watching me.

2) Night fishing in the kayak and paddling out, i hit something big and alive with my paddle. It slapped the water, soaked me with water, and rocked my kayak. Scared the **** out of me.

3) Grabbing for a trout in the surf, and having a 4 foot shark come from out of nowhere and try to eat the trout the same time my hand is in the water trying to grab the fish.

Those are just a few i can think of right now off the top of my head....
                          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I had a 6'+ gator pop up about 10 feet from me while wading in Halls Bayou. Made my way slowly back to the boat, cleaned out my shorts and will never wade there again!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

ive seen 2 stingrays jump out of the water in the surf at about the 3rd bar. one was huge and the other was small. saw about a 30 mackeral (looked like a king) jump about 3 foot out of the water on the 2nd bar. ive watched dolphins ride a wave into the first sandbar that was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X