Christmas Bay really quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Bay really quiet

I had some friends come in from Colorado and they were staying in a beach house on Surfside. With the weather calling for scattered thunderstorms and them being right next to Christmas bay, I decided to just fish Christmas because it's easy to boogie back to the docks if the weather turns. I haven't fished Christmas in many years, so was excited to get back to my roots.

With everyone on board being primarily fly fishers, we hung very close to shore, exploring the south shoreline marshes and what used to be grass flats on the south shoreline. With absolutely no bait moving, we kept pushing towards Arcadia. No bait. We checked out the north shoreline, with the tide flooding the grass, looked like paradise. No bait.

Tide was pretty high. Probably a foot over normal, but was draining quick.

I'm used to getting annoyed with the massive amount of mullet flopping around in Christmas. I was surprised at how little of anything bait-wise was showing itself. Did the freeze affect Christmas this much? It just seems different than I remember. I was up on a platform and didn't see a single red all day.

It was a fun trip, but really frustrating not to get my friends on any fish at all.

Christmas has been slow since most of the turtle grass has died off.

Comment

Working...
    X