New Trout Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trout Regs

The daily bag limit for speckled trout will be cut from five to three and the slot limit will be tightened from 15-25 inches to 15-20. Anglers will be allowed to keep one fish over 30 inches as part of the daily bag limit. This will be Statewide rules and expected to go into effect sometime in mid-March.

Well dang it…so now when you run out for a quick trip and catch 5-6 trout over 30” you can only keep one of them? That really sucks.

the good news is now maybe Moonpie can finally say he caught “a limit” on a trip.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? In my humble opinion, it's time to can these idiots with their increasingly arbitrary rules.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I tried warning everyone years ago. I knew this was coming. Louisiana is 15 trout statewide now as well. No more guide limits either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pure unadulterated BS. Just like the redfish rules-the LIARS at TPW said they'd change it later when stocks rebounded-they didn't. Just like the farking toll roads-all political BS and we take the brunt of it. It's the GD oyster boats and USCOE dredging, loss of habitat; but it makes the PETA types 'happy' to blame the fishermen. Fark PETA and their "Sea Kittens" and fark TPW.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Dang Robalo, I'm sure glad to see you're still kickin' Bro. Haven't seen nor heard from you in a coon's age. As usual, your anger is well directed.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

We'll never see 10 or 5 fish trout limits again. There ultimate goal is catch and release statewide!

Comment

We'll never see 10 or 5 fish trout limits again. There ultimate goal is catch and release statewide!

Comment

See, it's so important I had to tell y'all twice.

Comment

LOL. I think perhaps it's time for some widespread civil disobedience.

Comment

Total BS. Like SVS said we will never see 5-10 again. At least if you wanna put it to 3 have it 17-23. 15-20 dink trout ain't got much meat
                      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                        X