Baffin Bay - DARK Lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffin Bay - DARK Lures

Fished Baffin Bay the past 3 days with a group of 12 (used 3 guides). We primarily waded but drifted a little as well. 4 fish caught that were an honest 27 inches or better. Largest was 31 inches and 9.5 pounds on a Boga. Before you start razzin me, I didn't catch them...guys in my group caught them and I witnessed the 9.5 pound big girl plus one of the 27 inchers.

I was amazed at how dark of lures they use there even in, by West Bay standards anyway, what we would consider to be clear water. I'm talking black, purple and red sold body topwaters and soft plastics.

I just don't carry that dark of stuff usually. My question is do any of you use that dark of colors on a regular basis, especially in clear water conditions??
    Mack (aka MackFisherman2)
    Houston & Pirates Cove in Galveston
    mackfisherman2@hotmail.com

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except bears, bears will kill you.

Nice catching.Congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

need a variety. purples and black. plum.. all that. purples have worked good at the pass for me many times. with chartreuse of course......
      if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

absolutley!solid black super spooks,top dogs,even the dark purple top dog.i'll buy the spooks with the white and gold markings on them;take a black sharpie with a wide tip and and go over that gold and white crap they paint on those spooks.same with the top dogs.black with the red head;mark over the red head to make it solid black.dark lures will catch fish in any type of water clarity.the majority of my topwaters are marked on or painted.there are only a few topwaters i will fish straight out of the box.they come with those crappy hooks too.i'll change those out for the vmc's.
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

In clear water? Not really.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I'm always using black tails in the Galveston area. When East Bay looks like chocolate milk, dark lures do well.

Comment

I like to start off with morning glory no matter what the color of water is.

Comment

Working...
              X