• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing this weekend

hey yall im going fishing this weekend in Galveston an was wanting to know
    where the best shore fishing is
    help me out here people message me or reply to the forum just help me out

You fishing the bay or the beach?
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

If by shore fishing you mean that you don't want to get your feet wet, go to SEA WOLF PARK on Pelican Island. There is a fee for entering. You can wet a line fishing the Galveston channel or on the pier which I think is open. The north and south ( Affel park) jetties , and the rock groins along the seawall, both sides of the ferry landings, and the flood gate at the entrance to Jones Bay. Good luck and have fun.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Seabrook...that's where the big fish roam.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

well i wouldnt say i dont wanna get my feet wet cause thats no problem its the waves when im trying to fish they knock me around

Comment

thank yal

Comment

if the water stays nice on the beach, surfside jetties might be good. Problem is, you're going to be dealing with LOTS of people if the weather stays pretty.
              XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

whoops, just looked at the weather, should have done that first. looks like a strong south wind. I would walk in around the San Luis Pass somewhere, but watch out for the strong currents! Wear a PFD if its bad
                XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  If by shore fishing you mean that you don't want to get your feet wet, go to SEA WOLF PARK on Pelican Island. There is a fee for entering. You can wet a line fishing the Galveston channel or on the pier which I think is open. The north and south ( Affel park) jetties , and the rock groins along the seawall, both sides of the ferry landings, and the flood gate at the entrance to Jones Bay. Good luck and have fun.
                  thank you for the help

Comment

If you are gonna wade, try Dollar flats off the levee road (nice sand bottom and easy wading and good fishing area and long, shallow flat so can cover a lot of ground) or the surf if no waves and green water-one fella here hit surf and did pretty well-I believe on Monday??
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

has the 61street pier opened up yet

Comment

Originally posted by FishermanBoone View Post
                        has the 61street pier opened up yet
                        No,and probably wont from what i heard.powers to be are making new restrictions on how they can be built
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                        X