Snake Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake Fishing

Sorry for another freshwater report, but this story is worth the tell.

If you ever want to catch a 5.5 foot water snake at Lake Bryan, here's what you do:

Catch a couple crappie and throw em on the stringer. Let the stringer just sit. After an hour, pull it up and you are guaranteed to have a giant water snake on. At least thats what happened to me and my cousin haha. That big monster ATE one of the crappie on the stringer. The fish was at least a foot inside the snake. The stringer was still attached to the swallowed fish thus trapping the snake, so the predator quickly became the prey. Pulled him up and laid his head out on a rock while my cousin bashed it in with a stick. Drug him up on the bank and had a photo shoot. This story probably wouldn't be believeable without pictures. Won't forget this trip for a LONG time.

I think its just a water snake. Too light colored for a cottonmouth. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

That's a big snake
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

lol wow

Comment

Now that is Cool!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

What you have there is a Diamondback Water Snake.

Comment

What you have there is Dead Freaking Snake...my favorite kind!
            sigpic

Comment

Cool!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

haha that is a great fishing story

Comment

Couldn't you have removed the fish and stringer without killing the poor snake. Come on, be a man .

Comment

Good story and pics
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice snake!I will be Crappie fishing tonight in Conroe i will let ya no how we do.
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Seems like a docile one ... the ones I'm skeered of are the water moccasin, especially night fishing on the banks. These critters are FAST and FEARLESS.

Was catfishing on Lake Georgetown and that place came alive one night. To make a long story short, I showed up back at the pickup truck where by buds were drinking beer ... with half a fishing rod, all cut up from fallin' down, and muddy wet. LOL, they had a laugh.

"Hey you go down yonder inside that point and see for yo'self!"

I popped a beer and here come three big ole boys running like their hair was on fire. "GET IN THE TRUCK NOW." Took off about 90 MPH, too. Nope, don't like them kinda snakes, no way, musta been a hundred of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Swells View Post
                          Seems like a docile one ... the ones I'm skeered of are the water moccasin, especially night fishing on the banks. These critters are FAST and FEARLESS.

Was catfishing on Lake Georgetown and that place came alive one night. To make a long story short, I showed up back at the pickup truck where by buds were drinking beer ... with half a fishing rod, all cut up from fallin' down, and muddy wet. LOL, they had a laugh.

"Hey you go down yonder inside that point and see for yo'self!"

I popped a beer and here come three big ole boys running like their hair was on fire. "GET IN THE TRUCK NOW." Took off about 90 MPH, too. Nope, don't like them kinda snakes, no way, musta been a hundred of 'em.
                          hahaha. Not to mention those things will hang out in the trees above you along the creeks. How would you like one of them things to fall on your shoulders?
                          XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Big snake. I don't care if it's the harmless kind.... if I saw it in the wild, I wouldn't hang around and try to figure that out.
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Kill every last one of those worthless things. I hate a snake.
                              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                              X