Oil spill affects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil spill affects

Has any body noticed a change yet in bait or seafood prices yet in area? We will find out shortly how much we depend on the La fishing industry.BTW were is all the media coverage for the local oyster industry that wuz hit hard by ike.alot of these's guys have gone to harvest oysters in La waters.I hope the weather clears up enough to cap that well and contain the spill what a big task.......americans can do it!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Nasty deal for sure
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Just saw this on KHOU.com

Fishing closed from La. to Fla. because of spill
      NoBama

Comment

I bet crawfish prices go up also. With less shrimp more people are gonna eat the bugs which will drive the prices way up...

Comment

Dang media is playoing this for all they can-they be the cause for higher prices.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I heard on the radio that there was pre-approval to start the burning of the oil from day 1 but it was not done. News people are saying this is Obama's katrina. What did he know and when did he know it.
            NoBama

Comment

As to the burning, they might be able to do another fire this week - it has been a solid 6 to 10 feet of wave out there, no conditions to burn. So much is turning into semi-floating pancake and tar balls I dunno if that'll get very much, tho'. Just the sheen and light ends, I'm thinking.

Comment

wont be long prices will go crazy!
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Do you guys think there will be a big influx of fishermen coming from South La to Texas to fish?
                  "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                  "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

They always do-after shrimping season opens in mid July in Fed waters.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X