RSC Tourney 5/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSC Tourney 5/14

Congrats to jason applebees party and steve hillmans party for taking 1st 2nd and 3rd. My client was in first place with 20 minutes to go and then applebee weighed in. They ended up in first place. Then Hillman weighed in with 5 minutes to go and his guys took 2nd and 3rd place. That left us out of the prize money. They arent releasing the other results until Monday for some reason but who am I to argue. I am guessing we took 4th or 5th place but we will find out Monday. It was a great turnout for RSC but it was windy!!!! Of course!!!Weatherman predicted 10-15 knots and it was 18-23 knots steady. We started out looking for reds early and we just couldnt get on em. After an hour or so we decided to abandon the reds and go look for trout. Our first 2 spots we were wading and the areas were loaded with bait and slicks and we couldnt even get a hit. It was very frustrating to cast right in to a slcik as it is popping up with nothing not even a love tap! With 1 1/2 hours of fishing to go we finally hit a decent set of trout and we caught about 1 or 2 per drift until we had a decent box. Total tally was 10 trout up to 4 pounds. We only caught 2 big fish and the rest were 17-18 inchers. Tough bite today!
    Capt Craig Lambert
    832-338-4570

Originally posted by capt mullet View Post
    Congrats to jason applebees party and steve hillmans party for taking 1st 2nd and 3rd. My client was in first place with 20 minutes to go and then applebee weighed in. They ended up in first place. Then Hillman weighed in with 5 minutes to go and his guys took 2nd and 3rd place. That left us out of the prize money. They arent releasing the other results until Monday for some reason but who am I to argue. I am guessing we took 4th or 5th place but we will find out Monday. It was a great turnout for RSC but it was windy!!!! Of course!!!Weatherman predicted 10-15 knots and it was 18-23 knots steady. We started out looking for reds early and we just couldnt get on em. After an hour or so we decided to abandon the reds and go look for trout. Our first 2 spots we were wading and the areas were loaded with bait and slicks and we couldnt even get a hit. It was very frustrating to cast right in to a slcik as it is popping up with nothing not even a love tap! With 1 1/2 hours of fishing to go we finally hit a decent set of trout and we caught about 1 or 2 per drift until we had a decent box. Total tally was 10 trout up to 4 pounds. We only caught 2 big fish and the rest were 17-18 inchers. Tough bite today!
    What's RSC? Good job finding fish in this wind too. I know what you mean about the slicks. I had six pop one at a time right in front of me and couldn't get bit!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

RSC is an equipment rental company Kenny!
      Capt. Thomas Barlow
      281-827-6815
      www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

RSC is the rental supply company. They rent machinery. they raised $3000 for a certain charity (sorry I forgot the name) and it is for their employees and vendors. Big turn out. At least 100 people or more at the weigh in but not too many teams did very well today.

Yes the slicks were very frustrating!!!
        Capt Craig Lambert
        832-338-4570

Comment

sounds like a good time,congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
          X